NEW FAVOURITES FALSIES

9 September 2018



False eyelashes have always been a huge part of my beauty interest and world. I've had to wear false lashes throughout my life because of performing on stage - both dancing and acting. If you didn't know, the majority of the time, actors and dancers who are performing on a professional stage in front of a large audience, you have to apply quite a heavy face of makeup in order to not look washed out when under the spotlights and to intensity your features so they don't get lost. I've been dancing since the age of 3 and acting since I was 7; I definitely didn't start wearing falsies at 3 years of age but I started to wear them from my early teens onwards when I started performing more. Therefore, I've become quite quick at applying a false lash over my years and can quite proudly say that I've mastered it. However, I definitely cannot apply them on others...that's a whole different story!

Anyway, I thought I'd come on the blog to share with you my new favourite false lash brand, as well as the amazing eyelash glue that they sell too. I'm a huge snob when it comes to lashes and find it very difficult to fall in love with a pair. A lot of the lashes out there feel very heavy, too dramatic or have a poorly formulated eyelash glue that only enables the lash to hold for a couple of hours. Thus, when I find a brand as good as this one, I want to share it with you all! Let's goooooo...



Esqido 'X&O' Unisyn Lashes


Whenever I'm on the hunt for a new pair of lashes, I always look for black, thin wispies that could pass as natural lashes. I love the natural look at the minute and thought that the X&O style from the Unisyn collection would be right up street. The lashes arrived in high quality packaging with rose gold foil detailing - super aesthetically pleasing. Alongside the lashes, Esqido kindly sent over a tube of their Companion Lash Glue (which I'll be talking about later on in this post...). Retailing at $22, these are a lot pricier than my other lashes but you can definitely tell the difference. I've worn this pair of lashes roughly 10 times now and I'm obsessed...the old lashes I used to purchase only lasted a couple of nights before they became too tacky/ruined by the constant layers of lash glue. If you are looking for lashes with longevity, definitely check out this collection from Esqido!




The Lash Glue

Alongside the pair of lashes Esqido sent over, they kindly popped in some of their Companion Eyelash Glue. For an impressive retail price of $10, this eyelash glue is available from the Esqido site. Encased in a frosted white tube, classy black font and a golden lid, there is 5.5ml of product and the formula is latex-free, hypoallergenic and paraben free. The tacky nature of the formula allows for gentle and quick application - I wore lashes with this adhesive for 5 hours one evening and never had to top them up once (not even in the corners of my eyes!!) If you are yet to try this, I would 100%
recommend giving it a go if you are a gal like me that struggles to keep her lashes on perfectly for over an hour!

Purchase the lash glue here

What is your favourite false lash brand? Would you like to try Esquido Lashes?

Lots of love


1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.