E.l.f Haul & Review

30 March 2014


I'm not going to ramble in this introduction because I have a feeling this post may be rather long...

 Let's get started!

I ordered 10 items from E.l.f a few weeks ago, as I saw a lovely girl on instagram that made an order that night because of a sale. This really (and I mean REALLY) caught my attention because I've been keeping my eye out for an e.l.f offer, as I have seen lots of products by them that I wished to try. I was so lucky to pick up these 10 products for only £17; the shipping came free with the offer AND ALL of the products, for that one night only, were 50% off! Absolute bargain. I'm going to share with you my thoughts on these beauty items and hopefully give you an idea, if any of you are thinking to purchase a few cheeky things from E.L.F.



'Peachy Cheeky' Baked Blush





This blush gives the prettiest, most natural glow to your cheeks. It has to be one of my favourite blushes of all time(not as much as I love Sleek's Blush of 3 in 'Lace' though). I love how beautiful it looks too - added bonus! How can you not love the name of it as well? It is an all-round amazing product and I would definitely recommend it! Retailing at £3.95, it's an amazing buy (plus I got it for half price, woo!)

Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light


















I also bought an eyebrow kit in 'light'. Despite having ridiculously dark hair, I chose to pick the light eyebrow kit because the brow gel looked a really dark colour. This product is amazing - I mean amaaaazing. I use it every single day, which you can probably tell from how messy the packaging already looks. After applying the gel, the powder sets it and it lasts all day, also giving the most natural brow. The brush is not too bad either, it does its job well.

'Burnt Plum' Baked Eyeshadow





I'm not certain that these photos and swatch give the colour payoff much justice but it's honestly so so gorgeous. It is a deep purple ('plum') colour and looks great on the eyes. Personally, I think it would suit lighter coloured eyes - especially green. I have hazel/light brown eyes and it still looks as pretty, I just think it would really suit green eyes. These are surprisingly really pigmented and also blend really well; this eyeshadow made a good outer corner colour on the eye.





'Under Eye Concealer & Hightlighter' 


I got this concealer and highlighter in glow/light. I think this may be a bit too light for me, but I was scared to get the medium in case it was too dark on my skin. Anyway, I use this under my eyes before I wear foundation because it really brightens up my eyes, not really with excellent coverage, but it makes me not look so zombie-like. The hightlight is so-so. It 'semi' does the job, but it doesn't really amaze me in anyway. I would not really recommend this product to anyone, but give it a go if you wish...

Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks in 'Pink Umbrellas' and 'Movie Star'


Pink Umbrellas is a subtle pink/coral colour. It is such a sheer and girly colour, perfect for a subtle lip in the spring and summer. The smell is also great too (not that that is what you look for in a lipgloss/stick, but I guess it isn't a bad thing?). It is really moisturizing and I would say that it a mix between a lip gloss and stick. It has a strange formula but I love it!
Movie Night looked a lot more striking on the website and that is why I went for it. On the website, it looked a lot more dramatic and I was expecting it to really contrast 'Pink Umbrellas'. I'm not saying that I am disappointed, because I honestly love how gorgeous this deep and sheer colour is, but I was expecting more pigmentation. Nonetheless, I am in love with both colours and would recommend these!

Studio Matte Lip Colour in 'Tea Rose'




Tea Rose really surpised me. I thought it was going to be really pink and quite a bright colour. However, it is like a true nude. I really love it though. The smell is once again really good, the pigmentation is a 9 out of 10 and the colour on the lips is so good. It looks amazing with a neutral smokey eye. It also gives a really nice matte finish without being too drying on the lip. Pretty much everyday, I wear this underneath Mac's Lovelorn and it is my fave lip combo!






Blush in 'Pink Passion'



I decided to purchase this blush because I saw the amazing Tanya Burr use it in one of her makeup tutorials ages ago. It looks so bright and striking, and to be honest it is if you get too much on your brush. However, with a subtle dab on the cheeks, it gives such a cute pink and girly flush on your cheeks. I absolutely love this product and would 100% recommend getting this blush if you get the chance.

Angled Blush Brush and Blending Brush



I thought I would leave the brushes till last because I don't think they are quite as exciting as the makeup. Actually saying that, the angled blush brush is my fave. It is one of my favourite brushes and I use it to apply bronzer and blush. As it is angled, it works amazingly for contouring. The blending brush I haven't actually used that much, therefore I can't really review it much. I'm sure it will be mentioned in a future post if it ends up in my favourite though.




Sorry if this post seemed quite long and boring. Comment if you would prefer me to do shorter posts or even if you like my long, rambly posts. Also, if you have any ideas for future blogposts - reviews, favourites, brand collections etc. then make sure to comment them below also.

Thank you X





8 comments

  1. This is a great haul! I love the amount of detail you have put in to describe the products, you definitely made me want to buy some elf products x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much, i do try and describe them as well as I can even if I can't very well haha:-) have you got any elf products?x

      Delete
  2. That's such a great deal, I wish I saw this as I really want to try elf products!! Xx

    Http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, you should visit their website and sign up to their email newsletters. Don't worry about them spamming cos they only send you emails with special offers. I got an email a few days ago saying that they were doing a similar offer with 40% off all products, so you should check it out if you want to try some of their products:-)
      thank you Xxx

      Delete
  3. Really want to try that blush!! You make it sound amazing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly so pretty Jess, aw thank you so much!xxxxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.