Instant Effects : Do They Really Work?

23 June 2016



Let's face it...us girls just will never be happy with the way we look. It's such a sad thing that we feel this way but I've never met a girl that is confident enough to be happy with themselves. However, although some may not see it as a good back up plan, there are wonderful creations in the beauty world that help to enhance or adjust our natural imperfections to make ourselves happier. Some people head straight for surgery - I definitely don't have a problem with this at all! I am a huge wimp and don't think I would ever have the guts to adjust my boob size or get lip injections; however, these little tools which I'm here to talk about today are painless but can still make a difference...




INSTANT LIP PLUMPER

A popular thing in the beauty industry at the minute is plumper, fuller lips. I am a huge fan of this trend but am too much of a woss to consider getting it done. Besides this, I usually turn to glossy lip products to give the appearance of bigger lips or slightly overdraw my lips when applying lip liner. This only creates a subtle illusion and to be honest, I can hardly tell the difference. Therefore, I was super excited to test out the Instant Effects Lip Plumper to see if more dramatic changes were made.

The Lip Plump, contained in a opaque, black tube, holds a smooth, moisturzing formulation. For applying the product, the brush is dense and compact so allows firm application. The product applies thickly, looking like a clear lipgloss once on. I really love wearing matte products but I hate the way they sit and feel on my lips so moisture is literally the KEY to keeping my lips happier as well as enlarging them. Overall, I would say I have average sized lips - not too small, not too big; although I would love for them to be evened out more. This plumping product boosted my bottom lip significantly and my top slightly; I made sure to apply the product evenly so with personal experience, I would say that this plumper helps enhance the bottom rather than the top. The only fault I would say is that it took me over 150 pumps before the product actually came out. I seriously thought it came broken but after pressing it copious amounts it finally began working. It has been fine ever since so you have to be patient if you are a first time user.



INSTANT LASH VOLUMIZER

Moving on to lashes... I know plenty of people who have incredible lashes, most being boys...WHO DON'T EVER NEED THEM! Sorry for that little burst of anger...What I was trying to say, is that those who want for their lashes to be thicker and longer are usually those who suffer with none. This means us girls have to apply several coats of mascara to have our specific desired effect.

Today I'm talking the Instant Effects Lash Volumizer. The product is quite simply a mascara - a tube with a brush applicator attached to the lid. The formula is wet and gel-like; I applied this evenly to both upper lashes on each eye. As the formula was quite sticky, my lashes clumped but this can easily be adjusted with a lash brush. After waiting a couple of minutes, the product slightly set and enabled me to apply a coat of my favourite mascara - the Revlon Lash Potion. The finished look, I would say, is perfect for every day wear. Personally, I love length and volume but this product specifically worked in an extensive way. My lashes increased by about 20% more than just with my normal mascara but the thickness stayed the same. Therefore, the Instant Effects Lash Volumizer lengthens more than volumizes, making a perfect contribution for girls rocking those 'no-makeup' makeup day to give the illusion of naturally long lashes.




Have you ever trying a lip plump or lash extending product? How did you get on with it? Did it work for you?

Lots of love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is in collaboration with Instant Effects; however all opinons are honest and my own.

3 comments

  1. These look amazing! I've never heard of them, so I may have to look into them. I particularly love the look of the lip plumper! ♥
    FloralsAndCoralsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting. I have such small lashes so maybe the eyelash one will help me! So weird to think that you applied the lip plumper on your top and bottom lip but it only really showed on the bottom!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and yet helpful pads this could academized reviews. One can use these pads to release the pain, even I use a heating pad. Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.