Beauty & Fashion Haul | Birmingham Bullring

5 July 2016


Last weekend my boyfriend, his family and I had a little getaway. This was so lovely for us to relieve exam stress and have some time away from the continuous studying routine which inevitably got very boring. We travelled on the Saturday moring, grabbed a quick subway from brunch and drove to Birmingham. Firstly, we went to the University of Birmingham Open Day; this trip was for my boyfriend, as he's interested in their Physics department there and of course we couldn't go the whole weekend without having a constant reminder that deciding our entire future is closer than ever, right?! Anyway, after many lectures later and exploring the university grounds, we headed for our hotel to unpack our belongings before getting ready for the evening. We had such an amazing evening betting on the dogs, drinking and having lots of laughs, I completely forgot I had a sense of humour during exam season so it was nice to finally relieve the tension. My boyfriend and I managed to win 3 races! 

Okay, sorry for my little ramble. I just thought you might have liked a bit of context..probably not?! Oops! So...after a long awaited pay day I thought it was finally time to treat myself. Therefore, after stuffing multiple croissants into my mouth we decided to take a stroll to the Birmingham Bullring (one of my fave shopping centres) as it was only a 10 minute walk from where we stayed. Without further ado, these are the bits and pieces I picked up...









CLOTHING

My first clothing purchase were these gorgeous patterned trousers from H&M. Guess what? They were in the sale for a measly £5! I just couldn't leave them there. Since last summer, I've wanted to purchase another pair of qwerky trousers - I bought these pretty floral ones last year that I have wore no end so it was about time I ventured for some more. As we were in a bit of a rush, I decided to bite the bullet and buy them without trying them on. Fortunately, they fit perfectly - hugging in at the waist loosely flowing to my ankles. These are super comfortable so makes styling a summer outfit effortless. Oh, I'm also a huge fan of the pattern; tribal-like designs are really in at the minute which I'm totally in to! 

I then took a look in Forever 21 - I always fine that they have an incredible summer range for such an affordable price. Soon enough, I caught my eye on this sunflower playsuit, for just £14. Before I say anymore, I would like to formally apologise for the state this is in - the creases look horrific in these photos! The fresh floral design screams summer 2016 and the frilled hem on the legs are very flattering. The long sleeves and light material make the outfit very appropriate for England's poor excuse of a summer. I was also considering including this in a summer lookbook over on my Youtube channel in the upcoming month so let me know if you would like to watch that and feature this in it! My Youtube channel is Charlotte Emily XXXX if you want to check it out. 

lace playsuit - primark, material doesn't feel flimsy or cheap, lace detail looks super pretty for evening wear, the back is open lace so I would wear this with a bandeau, open lace detail at the top of the playsuit by the collarbones gives the outfit a sultry, feminine edge 








SHOES & ACCESSORIES

I've in a constant search for shoes and by shoes, I mean comfortable, basic coloured flats. You can never have too many light and dark coloured flats - they are a staple in my wardrobe for everyday wear, in particular sixth form. At the minute, I've been slacking in creams so I had to pick up these cream to nude flats from Primark. These are gorgeous pointed toe flats; what specifically intrigued me was the cut-shaped outer detail on the shoe. I hadn't seen this before in a high street fashion store so I knew I had to pick them up. Primark honestly create such affordable shoes that are decent quality and last for a lengthy period of time. 

Being an awful fashion blogger, I sometimes struggle to find a bag/accessories that match and enhance an outfit. I realised that this may be due to only hoarding incredibly large bags, those of which are simply unnecessary when you only need to fit in a lipstick, a purse and phone. All over the blogosphere and ASOS, I've become very attached to small brown tassle bags. Therefore, I branched out a bought this gorgeous suede number from Primark for just £8! This would look so chic paired with the playsuits seen earlier; I feel this can complete a look, whether it be paired with a casual jeans and tee or with a classy playsuit.

You guys must know about my sunglasses obsession now...blah blah blah! I kind of have this tradition that whenever I'm shopping in Primark, I have to pick up a new pair of sunnies. They have a ridiculous amount of designs ranging from £1-£3. This pair have pink and silver rimmed lenses which are silver metallic reflectives. Is it just me but does the style give you the 60s Retro vibes?!







BEAUTY

As I was in need of some new clothes, I sadly had to limit myself to a single highend beauty item. Fortunately, God was on my side as I got my hands on a limited edition Urban Decay Gwen Stefani lippie that was 30% off the original price in Debenhams. At the point I felt so lucky and it got even better when I saw the everday wearable shade - Ex-Girlfriend. The lipstick is a muted natural pink with a super moisturizing formula. I wore this to a Beyonce concert the other day and only had to touch up twice over the 8 hours of being in London. How can I forget the stunning golden and black packaging?! I'm so happy that I've managed to get a hold of another Gwen Stefani product from Urban Decay as I'm in love with her eyeshadow palette. Ah, the aesthetics!

Whilst in Boots, I also came across a gigantic NYX stand which I was super excited about, unfortunately my luck came to an end as I completely forgot my Boots card and obviously wanted to get points on it, still considering buying the products online and doing a separate haul, if it is big enough i might even make it into a video?! would you like to see that??

Who would like to see a NYX Haul over on my Youtube or here on my blog? What would you like to see on my Youtube Channel over Summer?!


Lots of love

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is not in collaboration with any brands mentioned; all opinions are honest and my own.

6 comments

  1. You got some really nice things! I love the pants, they're so cute :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth - I looove the trousers too :D xx

      Delete
  2. The trousers and sunglasses are gorgeous! Love the Vice lipstick too, I haven't been to Bull Ring in forever, I am long overdue a shopping trip xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you - I absolutely love them all :D You definitely need to get back down there again, the shops are always amazing :) xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on winning 3 races, you deserve a medal! I love the trousers, oh and the shoes, and the bag oh and the sunglasses. I like everything;) Haha! Can't believe there was 30% that's amazing!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey!! Haha, me too. Was so happy with the discount I got, so amazing. Debenhams always have great deals on xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.