Tarte Cosmetics Custom Kit | Review

6 June 2017



If you've been following me on my social media platforms, like Instagram and Youtube, you will know that I have a serious problem at the minute...I cannot STOP spending. All I seem to be doing at the minute is purchasing new clothes, new makeup and new everything! However, I am not complaining - my bank account sincerely hates me but I am absolutely loving treating myself and splurging. I'm not going to lie. One of the main reasons I cannot help myself is my unhealthy relationship with makeup recently - I went off buying makeup for the past year because I got really into fashion. Recently I ran out of many of my go-to's in my makeup bag so decided to have a big change. By big chance, I decided to purchase an incredible deal that Tarte were offering on their website...a custom kit for £60. This included 6 full-size products and a makeup bag, alongside a generous free delivery to the UK. 



DELIVERY

My package arrived at my front door about a week after delivery. In my opinion, this was extremely fast considering the parcel was packaged all the way in America and had to go through customs etc. Tarte Cosmetics also guaranteed the custom charge was included in the price of the custom kit so there was nothing to worry about. I say that, but I was still freaking out that customs would charge me a ridiculous price when it arrived in the UK; however, I was overthinking, as always, and had the parcel in my hands within 7 days. Packaged in a regular rectangular box, the custom kits was tightly wrapped in the cutest packaging ever. The whole box was full of unicorn tissue paper in the classic lilac and pink colours that represent Tarte. I am obsessed with how they wrapped everything and have to say that I'm going to hold onto the unicorn paper for future uses blog pics


MAKEUP BAG

HELL YEAH. For those of you who have been reading my content for a long while now will know my love for everything holographic. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am so attracted to things that are holographic...I'm also slightly obsessed with the mermaid scale print etched over the entire makeup bag. Anyway, I was completely drawn to this bag out of the two on offer and am super happy with my decision. The bag is stunning, a medium size, fits my every day makeup in and has a gorgeous lilac interior. I'm also a huge fan of the golden zip, I think it pairs perfectly with the purple. Is it just me but wouldn't this bag look incredible as a statement clutch too?? Hands up if you want me to try and style this with an outfit because I am very tempted too...



FOUNDATION

The base product I chose for my kit was this Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation in the shade 'Light-Medium Honey'. I went for a shade that was slightly darker than my skin tone because I really want to take this on holiday with me to Mexico. Therefore, I'm going to need a darker shade for when I'm tanned. This foundation is thick, dewy and leaves the most flawless full coverage glow on my face. It is literally the dream foundation I have been waiting for and I'm so glad I finally have it in my collection. In terms of longevity, this foundation does not budge once throughout the entire day and is heavenly for my poor dehydrated skin. I've been looking for the perfect base for dry skin for ages and I have finally found it. A foundation that doesn't cling to dry patches, leaves an effortless glow on the face and makes my skin look incredibly even. If you are looking for a foundation to give you full coverage for an evening out, something to brighten your skin or if you suffer with dry AF skin like me, then definitely invest in this product because you will not be let down.




BLUSH

For the longest time, I've been wanting to own one of these gorgeous, highly raved about Amazonian Clay blushes. I am literally obsessed with everything from the packaging to the colour of this product. The shade is very intense so I only pop a light amount on the brush and give it a quick blow to get rid of excess pigment. The blush is in the shade 'FEARLESS' - a hot, yet soft pink, that gives a flushed glow to the cheeks. My main love for this product is the packaging and aesthetics - I cannot get over how stunning the engraved pattern on the actual brush looks. You will definitely be seeing this all over my Instagram because it is super pretty, especially to take photos of. 



CONTOUR BRUSH

A flat contour brush is something that everyone needs in their lives. For me, good quality makeup brushes are essential to achieve the best out of your makeup products. BAD BRUSHES = BAD APPLICATION! If you don't apply product with semi-decent quality brushes then you may get a bad impression of a product for the wrong reason. That is why I always reach for a flat contour brush when contouring and bronzing my face. I think these brushes are perfect to create the idealistic sharp, chiseled cheek look. The densely packed bristles allow for incredible application - they pick up the product evenly and gently apply it to the face. The brush is super soft, feels seamless on the skin and looks incredible. I love the wooden theme and the golden logo carved on the brush adds that something extra...so cute! 





EYELINER

My next pick for my custom kit was this purple eyeliner. I opted for something very different when it came to eye liner because I don't own any gel liners, other than an old black one I never use, and barely anything colourful and fun. Thus, I jumped straight out of the comfort zone and decided to pick this stunning lilac shade - 'Fairy Wings'. Not only can this be applied as liner, but I feel this has the perfect consistently to create an intense cream eyeshadow base. The formula is creamy, the pigmentation is on ANOTHER LEVEL and I cannot wait to play around with this to create so many fun festival looks. Watch this space because I'm going to try and create some very different makeup looks this summer.




MASCARA

The 'Lights, Camera, Lashes' mascara is something I've heard a lot about in the beauty world. My first impressions has made me instantly fall in love. First of all, the packaging is something a little different - the bottle is made of this strange cushion material that I have never seen anything like before in my life. Despite the strange material, I love Tarte's classic dark purple and gold combination - it makes their brand look so classy and feminine. LOVE. Onto the brush itself, the bristles are tightly packed and super thin - the product applies evenly to the lashes, both lengthening and volumising them at the same time. An overall fab mascara that increases volume and length, as well as allowing even application.




LIP GLOSS 

Summer is underway and nothing beats a good coral gloss. I've been really into lipglosses recently due to my lips being so chapped and dry. I really like having glosses on to hydrate my lips and enhance my skin, making it look more glowy and dewy. My final pick for my custom kit was this Lip Surgence lip gloss in the shade 'TIPSY' - a fun, coral shade that is ideal for the hotter months. The product is applied to the lips with a classic doefoot applicator, the finish of the gloss is between sheer and fully pigmented giving the lips a toned down coral colour and it doesn't feel sticky AT ALL. I HATE WHEN GLOSSES DO THAT. Something that instantly attracted me to this when I first tried it was the smell. This may sound strange but the smell is amazing! It literally smells like candyfloss, or cotton candy, and I cannot help but apply several counts to my lips so I can just smell the product more. Weird...I know.


Have you ever tried anything from Tarte before? Did you manage to pick up one of their custom kits?

Lots of love

13 comments

  1. such a good collection of make up. I also love to use makeup every single day with my Liquid Matte Lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonetheless, it doesn't imply that the nature of these cosmetics is traded off. top class cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great design. You too can try composite best double glazing doors with this. It will combine awesome. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Custom Packaging UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy, have you perused my past article on the risks of cosmetics? All things considered, in that article, I essentially featured three focuses. Bright eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... custom embroidered patches

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you run a cosmetic business or company, using good quality packaging for your product should be the first thing to consider. custom cosmetics boxes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acknowledges for penmanship such a worthy column, I stumbled beside your blog besides predict a handful advise. I want your tone of manuscript... custom logo design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ordinarily the contrasts between two machines will be inconspicuous and they may show up the equivalent.Duke Packaging USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can enrich your custom dressing patches with various components like sequins, dots and plastic gemstones. check this out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perusing this will give you a thought of what stylish things of ladies' clothing merit keeping in your closet. These things of clothing are immortal and can be utilized on a few unique outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.