My Ultimate Winter Beauty Picks

19 December 2017



I'm so excited! Winter is one of my favourite months - I love warming up by an open fire, wrapping myself in multiple layers and most of all...it's JUMPER SEASON. If you've been following me on social media or subscribed to my vlog channel, you may have noticed my addiction to jumpers this winter. I cannot get enough of them! However, today I thought I'd take the opportunity to rave about all the beauty essentials I've been lusting over this winter. If you are struggling with dry skin, a dull complexion, lack of glow or just trying to find a new beauty tool that will make caring for yourself a whole lot quicker, then you should definitely carry on reading. I've compiled a small but incredible list of amazing beauty essentials that will change your life this season.





SKINCARE

The Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water is my ultimate skincare product this winter. I have the driest skin so it's a struggle to find anything on the market that aids my dry complexion. Since having found this absolute beauty wonder, I cannot go back. So many people rave about the standard micellar water, which I used to use; however, as soon as I saw the oil-infused version release I knew I had to grab it and give it a go. OH MY! I have literally fallen head over heels with it. The oily formula feels heavenly on the skin, leaving a smooth coat of oil to nourish my dull, sensitive and dry complexion. The formula is dermatologically tested and is perfect for a non-greasy finish. I'm so happy I've found a winter essential as great as this for my skin. Every evening I will use this to remove my makeup - I will occasionally use it in the morning as a general daily cleanser. You need this product in your life if you have dry/sensitive skin like myself. 








MAKEUP 

The winter season has well and truly commenced. My hometown was 3 inches deep in snow whilst  I was sat in my bedroom in Lincoln only to see a lightly drizzle dusting the pavements. I was super jealous of everyone's snapchat stories playing in the snow! Anyway, when winter approaches, I am always on the hunt for a full coverage foundation to achieve that airbrushed skin look for all the Christmas and New Year parties ahead. This year, I have gone back to an old favourite - Bourjois 123 Perfect - the perfect dupe for Mac's Studio Fix Fluid but for half of the price! This foundation honestly creates the highest coverage and flawless base for the remainder of my makeup. However, I've decided to inject my own twist and add my new favourite liquid highlighter from Barry M (Beam Me Up); mixing these two products on my hand and applying with a damp beauty blender has rightfully achieved my perfect base. The golden glow of the Barry M highlighter drops give the illusion of a dewy, radiant complexion that I'm completely obsessed with. I'd definitely recommend finding a liquid highlighter to mix with your foundation if you're looking to bring that extra bit of life to the face.

Shop Bourjois Foundation Here
Shop Barry M Liquid Highlighter Here






FRAGRANCE

The fragrance that I've been constantly reaching for this Winter is Marc Jacobs Decadence. Encased in a luxurious emerald green bottle with beautiful golden embellishments, the packaging oozes elegance and femininity. The initial floral notes emphasise the feminine packaging whilst the later woody notes make the scent sexy and intimate. This will be my go-to fragrance that will accompany me on any evening occasion throughout the next few months. Although the packaging is bulky and is not particularly practical for travel, the scent holds great longevity and will undoubtedly last the entire night. This scent is something you can rely on for any winter party, receiving compliments all evening and holding a gorgeous floral scent all night long. This is the only luxurious winter essential I have on my list but it is 100% worth the money. A perfect gift for someone special this winter.







BEAUTY TOOL

Whenever it reaches December and Christmas is almost here, I always become so unmotivated, lazy and completely out of pocket. I've managed to find the perfect beauty tool to help me achieve flawless brows in a matter of minutes. This wonderfully crafted Brow Shaper, one of Instant Beauty Fix's hero products, enables pain free removal of those pesky sparse brow hairs. One of my most hated beauty chores is plucking brows because I'm a complete wimp, crying after every plucked hair. However, this tool is perfect for those people like me and would much prefer a quick and painless way to achieve your desired brow shape. Moreover, the nifty design allows the blade to be safely tucked away, making the product super easy to travel with in your toiletry/makeup bag. The shaper is also specifically designed to work as a dermaplaning tool; some of the benefits include removal of dead skin cells and promoting smoother skin for seamless makeup application. I cannot rave about this product enough - if you are lazy in the winter like me and want a swift way to remove all unwanted hair, then I definitely recommend finding £7.49 spare to pick up one of these essential winter beauty tools!


What are you favourite beauty essentials for winter? 

Lots of love



2 comments

  1. i was desperately looking for something of the season that would go with my skin but i was too reluctant to trust anything. but i am so glad that i read your blog. it is so helpful and honest that i can completely trust it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad that my post helped you out, I hope you find something to help your skin this Winter! xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.