25 VIDEOS FUTURE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS NEED TO WATCH

22 June 2018



If you guys are new or unaware, I've just finished my first year at university. I study forensic science at the University of Lincoln - my first year has been jam-packed with a number of crazy experiences, making lots of memories with my friends and working hard to achieve the best I possibly can. Some of you may have been following my university journey through my vlogs on my second Youtube channel (CHARLOTTE EMILY VLOGS) - throughout the entirety of first year, I have been vlogging my days at university and capturing the whole thing on video. Since I've returned home from summer, all I've been doing is watching my year back and reflecting on the amazing memories I've created so far...making me so excited to go back for round two in September! Anyway, since I've been creating content around university life and preparation, I thought that I'd compile 10 of my top videos that will help any future university student with prepare, applying to university or just general advice about freshers and other popular uni questions. I also thought it would help newbies to my channel locate the best videos in regards to education and my uni experience so far.



Moving To University  - this is the actual vlog of me heading to university, setting up my room with my family and seeing my emotions throughout the process

Moving Day Advice/Tips - if you are looking for an in-depth walk through regarding moving day, definitely watch this one. Myself and almost graduate friend Carrie discuss the ins and outs of moving day - feelings, making friends, what to do and settling in.




If you fancy looking into what a student gets up to realistically during freshers, then have a watch of these three vlogs. I was a bit nervous vlogging in public at the beginning but my university vlogs towards the end of the year show my confidence and progression with filming in public.

Freshers Vlog 1 - First Night Out & Freshers Fayre!
Freshers Vlog 2 - Lectures, Fresher's Flu & Parties!
Freshers Vlog 3 - Lincoln Cathedral, PRIDE & Lots of Shopping!



I've also filmed a variety of fresher's videos answering FAQ, giving my personal top tips and sharing my honest experience of the week. FRESHERS FLU IS REAL GUYS.

Top Tips for Freshers
Freshers Q&A - talking wristbands, nights out and advice
Freshers Experience - all of the drunk clips from my first week at uni


Lincoln Campus Tour - I decided to film an overview of my university campus. Hopefully this will give you an insight into how close and communal the university is, as well as all the facilities and buildings Lincoln has to offer.


Students Healthy Food Shop - I share a lot of food hauls on my channel. I'd recommend searching 'food haul' when you visit Charlotte Emily Vlogs so you can see the variety of foods students purchase and the deals we snatch up when food shopping


Semester A Round Up - Megan and I sat down to chat about our experience from the first semester. This is the period of starting university until Christmas; this video shares our thoughts on our courses (Forensic Science & Psychology), as well as our feelings about university life and living as a student.


First Uni Exam Week - I filmed my entire week of January uni exams as they were all crammed into the first week back. Watch to hear the similarities/differences of exams at uni compared to school, as well as my thoughts on each of my four exams for forensics.

Exam Results - after seeing the previous video, watch this to find out what results I actually achieved from my first semester and the exams I took.


Anxiety Workshop - if any of you are worried about your mental health or think you will struggle at university, today I spoke about the anxiety workshop I attended that was run by Lincoln's Wellbeing Centre. I hope this puts you at ease if you are worried about your anxiety levels or other problems you think you may face whilst at uni.




Accommodation at Lincoln - in this video, I share all about the accommodation I lived in for first year - the good, the bad and the ugly. I also mention some of the other options and my opinions on those too.

University Room Tour - if you're looking for room decor inspiration, want to see what Lincoln Courts rooms look like or just generally nosy and want to see what my uni room was like, watch this video!

Kitchen Tour & Essentials - a tour of the Lincoln Courts kitchen and the cupboard/fridge/freezer space you may get when you move here with your flatmates. I also shared the kitchen essentials I believe everyone needs when they move to uni.

Bedroom & Bathroom Essentials - another popular video that a lot of people are interested in is what to take to uni. This video is a huge list of what I'd recommend taking for your bedroom and bathroom in halls.


Study With Me - this video gives you an insight into my course. Watch if you want to know more about studying forensic science at the university of Lincoln and the modules I'm working on in first year.


Long Distance Relationships - my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 5 years so before uni I was worried that things wouldn't work. People shoved down my throat that long distance relationships never worked and you couldn't possibly maintain a connection whilst you're at uni. If you are also worried about this, then watch this video and see how I conquered first year. I share my tips for making things work whilst you are separated with your partner and my positive experience.


Last Night Out of First Year - I do not promote binge drinking but I do share my nights out on my vlog channel. Watch funny drunken nights where my friends and I go out for cocktails or go clubbing! I love looking back on these memories and laughing about all the great times we've had so far! Just a vid to entertain if anyone's interested...


Honest First Year Experience - a summary of our first year at uni covering awful flatmates, the downside to living in halls and information about our courses after a year of studying. One of my favourite videos but it's a long one!


10 Q's to ask on an Open Day - if you are currently looking for the perfect university, consider these 10 questions when asking about the campus, your course and student life at their uni.



Student Budgeting Tips - worried about money whilst being at uni? I've got you covered with my top budgeting tips to help you save money at uni.

University Evening Routine - want to know what a typical student life looks like for me personally? This is what I get up to!


If you want to see where it all began, you can watch my results day video here.


Which is your favourite university video I've created? Have you watched them all?

Lots of love

1 comment

  1. All students wants to choose his or her university before. If you think essay writing lab for these places is better in that time you can easily move on with all of those places which is easy for us to change at the time when we are at the age of maturity.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.