Easy Ways to Convert To An Eco-Friendly Work Space

26 August 2019



Long time, no blog post. If you've been following my socials, you will be aware that I've been jetting off to several countries all around the world! Thus, I've been so unbelievably busy, jet-lagged and overall run down that I've neglected my little online space. Blog, I've missed you.

Anyway, I've jumped into bed with my laptop today to tell you all about some amazing changes you can incorporate into your life, especially in your work space, to help you become more eco friendly. I can tell you that I'm NOT a saint and everything I own ISN'T made out of biodegradable materials; however, I'm trying my upmost best to convert all of my daily essentials into items that are 1000x better for our gorgeous environment. 


My top 'green' conversions this year have been swapping my plastic toothbrush for a bamboo alternative (these are a lot more durable and are able to biodegrade once useless), stopping my use of cotton pads/face wipes for re-useable microfibre cloths/cotton pads (wipes are awful for your skin and even worse for the environment) and finally, my boyfriend has bought me a perfectly-sized re-usable cup to prevent my coffee craze from ruining the planet with endless plastic cups. After doing lots of research and some help from the amazing team at SEAREACH, I've been informed on so many ways to make your home/work offices a healthier, green place. 


Something that significantly caught my eye from SeaReach's article was that there are 10 easy ways in order to 'greenify' your workspace. My favourites include: going paperless by moving all work to a digital format, installing more LED lights to save 75% energy in comparison to halogen bulbs, providing bicycle facilities to encourage employees to cycle to work instead of pumping fuel into the atmosphere and making an effort to stick RECYCLING label on bins to enforce the need to recycle goods.


The most important point that members of Sea Reach have noted from their survey are the fact that 20% of offices involved agreed that 'going paperless' has managed to improve their workspace and ethic, as well as being an advantage to the environment. The more digital our offices become, the less unnecessary waste will end up at landfill sites and the better security we receive by storing our work online. Make sure to read the full article at SeaReach to figure out many other ways on how to improve your workspace. 

What have you done to help the environment in 2019?

Lots of love


*This is a collaborative post*

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.