'Feel Good' Beauty Faves | March 2020

29 March 2020



Whilst noone probably cares, I apologise for the lack of effort and energy I've put into my blog. Blogging is where I first started out in the online industry, when I was too scared to show my face and just wanted a space to write all my thoughts! Since blogging in 2014, I've expanded my platforms, to primarily Instagram and 2 Youtube channels. These have definitely taken off and the visuals of Instagram and Youtube have seemingly overtaken the blogging industry. But fret not, this weird time that we are currently living in (I'm sure you know what I mean...but any future readers, CORONAVIRUS) means I can put all the passion and love back into my blog. I'm a huge lover of writing and I want to get my creative juices flowing on this platform again. Sooooo I thought I'd begin with a good ol' classic beauty faves. 


FACE

Starting with face products, I've been a huge fan of the MUA Pro Base Primer paired with Clinique's Even Better Glow foundation. Together, they make a harmonious duo producing an effortlessly 
glow-y finish...and a full coverage! If you are looking to brighten you under eyes and bring some light to your face, Maybelline's Anti-Age Rewind concealer is the perfect purchase. Again, a full coverage product that leaves no streaky lines and blends like a dream. 

When it comes to bronzing up the face, the warmer tones...the better! I am obsessed with the Tarte 'Park Ave Princess' contour palette. I blend a mix of the last few dark shades with my Tarte contour brush and pop some product on my cheek bones, temples and jawline to define those areas of my face. The high quality powder blends quickly and gives my face a warm glow, as well as the structure I desire. You'll also find me using the Pixi Highlighting palette to add some light into my life on sunny days - I use the 'Clutch' shade on my cheek bones and 'Lace' as an inner corner highlight! I always finish my face makeup with a spritz of the Kandi Cosmetics Glow mist to make my skin glisten. 



EYES

Eyebrows are next in my everyday makeup routine. I use my trusty favourite - the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in the shade CHOCOLATE to carve my brows out. Instead of drawing them on (the way I used to do, really blocky and dark when I first started ze blog), I tend to just fill them in lighter and make them look fluffy, more effortless. I then brush through the hairs and set them into place using the Model Co Clear Brow Gel. Day-to-day, I never really wear eyeshadow - if I do, I just pop the bronze shade I use on my face earlier in my crease to carve my eyes and accentuate them. 

My go-to lashes (when I'm not in my lash extension phase) are the Ardell Faux Mink sets. The Ardell Demi Wispies are a cult classic and have always been one of my favourite fluffy lashes to wear on special occasions, to events and nights out. You need to get your hands on them if you're looking for a good pair of high quality lashes that last a long time! Staying on the lash front, the mascara I've been reaching for over the past couple of months is the Urban Decay Perversion mascara. Great for maximum length and adding that darker, accentuated look to your natural lashes! Oh...and I've gotten back into winged liner now that I've had some extra time on my hands. A cute mini flick with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and I'm good to goooooo...

YOU CAN ALSO GET 20% off lashes with the CODE: MARCH20 


My daily lip product is Glossier's Birthday Balm Dotcom. It's my holy grail product in my makeup bag - the smell is sensational, I emit pure joy whenever I'm wearing it and it just makes my lips silky soft! If I'm feeling a little fancier during these stay-at-home self-isolation days, then I'll add some colour with the NYX Abu Dhabi soft matte lip creme. Alternatively, I'll grab my boujee option - my Fenty Beauty Lipgloss in Fenty Glow. A peachy, glistening dreammmmm. Get me back to the club so I can wear Fenty every day! 

What are your beauty faves in 2020? 

See you all soon, lots of love if you've stuck around all these years!


Lots of love


*Lashes were gifted but all opinions are honest and my own* 

4 comments

  1. I love tarte park ave princess! I only have a single shade but its beautiful!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. best indigo powder for hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! best pure copper water bottle in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best assignment writing at cheap price in the World. We help you in your project 100% plagiarism free and quality work that is not available at any other Assignment Writing Services.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.