The Intruder | Book Review

3 February 2018



Throughout January I have made it a real effort to start reading again. It was one of my 2018 goals because I used to love getting stuck into a book; last year I seemed to be constantly busy (and to be honest I still am) but finding this time to read before I go to sleep has honestly helped relax my body. I'm so happy to have read 2 books this month, alongside university exams, starting my new modules and running both my 2 Youtube channels and blog. Today's book review is part of a blog book tour for 'The Intruder' and this is what I thought of it...



BLURB

"He has the key to hundreds of houses. Maybe even to yours.

William Heming is an estate agent. He's kept a copy of every key to every house he's ever sold. 

Sometimes he visits them. 

He lets himself in when the owners are out. But what will happen if he gets caught?

What will he do next?"



Why I Loved 'The Intruder'?

On first glance, I knew this was going to be a book I would love - anything mysterious, eerie and crime-related is right up my street.

The plot follows William Heming, a current estate agent, who has a fascinating, yet sinister obsession with hoarding the keys to every single property he's ever sold. In a first person narrative, Heming shares his stories as he invades a countless numbers of homes; from his younger intrusive ways and exploring his lack of empathy towards the world, we almost feel sympathetic towards Heming. Although the premise of this 288 page-turner is relatively sinister, there were several times I laughed at the anecdotes Heming tells through his life story. As Heming's journey envelopes, we watch his struggle to keep the police away and the severe consequences that he may face. It is clear that Heming himself has never realised, or even acknowledged these consequences because of his precarious mental state.

P.S Hogan has written both an incredible story - original and disturbing - alongside a significantly complex character that subsequently leaves the reader in a love-hate relationship with. If you are looking for a new thriller, I would definitely recommend reading P.S Hogan's 'The Intruder', as it is page-turner that you will ultimately love.


'The Intruder' will be released as a paperback on the 31st May 2018 but available as an E-book now here!

Make sure to go and check out all the other lovely bloggers that have reviewed this book prior to myself. Let me know if you purchase The Intruder yourself and what you think of it!


What are you favourite type of novels? 

Lots of love


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This book was sent by Penguin Random House prior to release for review; however all opinions are honest and my own.

1 comment

  1. One of my goals is to also read more as I've forgotten how much I actually love to read. I'm currently on my second book of the year. The book tour sounds amazing!! Just reading the blurb I can already tell that I'd really enjoy it. It sounds incredible I loved your review on it! This is definitely one that I want to put on my 'to read' list
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.