Valentines on a Student Budget | ft. Lily & Abi

9 February 2018



Valentine's is a day that most people have a love/hate relationship with. Personally, I really enjoy the day no matter what I'm doing. I love sharing the love with my friends and family, as well as my long term boyfriend that I will be spending Valentine's day with early this weekend for the fifth time! If you haven't got a partner, don't worry...grab your gal pals and do something fun. My best friends at uni (Hattie & Megan) are the most amazing people in the world and I cannot wait to be spending this Valentine's day with them in Lincoln (despite not making any specific plans yet...). Being in a long distance relationship is really strange as my boyfriend and I have been together for so long and in each other's companies throughout our childhood. However, it's been a lovely break to spend my university days so far with my best gal pals - it makes it even more exciting to see my boyfriend now that we don't see each other every day! Anyway, this post is all about how to do Valentine's day on a student budget with you best mates! I hope you all enjoy...

This post is in collaboration with my blogger besties Abi Hunter and Lily Rose - make sure to head over to their blogs after you've read my post to check out their variations of Valentine's Day. They are my longest blogger besties and I'm hoping I finally get to meet them at some point this year. Head over to their blogs and check out their amazing content - I love them a lot!

Abi's Blog
Lily's Blog






Dates in the Day

In Lincoln, there is an overwhelming amount of quirky cafes, tearooms and small independent places around ever corner - I'm definitely not complaining though! Something cute and simple to do with your friends, boyfriend or family (if you aren't into the whole cheesy concept of Valentine's day with an intense dinner etc) is go for a hot drink, cake or brunch in the day. Stereotypically, everyone seems to go out in the evening to spend Valentine's day but why not do something different during the day? To keep the budget student friendly, find a new cafe near you, take your friends and change it up! The budget is much more affordable than any fancy restaurant and you will be able to chat away and enjoy the comforts of the cafe environment. I feel like this is a lot less intense if you are going out on a first date or you're not a fan of the whole dinner situation.




Something we love to do at university in general is window shopping. This may seem really stupid but going out with your friends and just having a look around the shops is just as fun as if you were going on an entire shopping spree. It gets you out the house, chatting to your friends and may even come across somewhere new that you haven't before. We absolutely loved this cute little succulent and flower stall that a man had set up near the market. There are so many little markets and fairs that go on in Lincoln city central; if you live near by, you should have a look on the Visit Lincoln website to see what's going on. 





"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things"

The element of change is a concept that always scared me; however, I've come to realise that change is such an incredible thing. This has allowed me to venture out more and trying new things. One of my favourite things to do in Lincoln is explore the area; every single time we leave the house we happen to find somewhere new. There is so much to do compared to my tiny hometown (obviously this may not be the same for people how lived in large cities before). If you are into experiencing new things, like myself, take a road trip to a random place - it could even be a nearby city or town that you are yet to explore. I always find trying somewhere new is sentimental, as you will always remember the first time you do something, you you were with and all the small details of what you did. Here are a few more expensive yet adventurous Valentine's Day ideas that are VERY different to the cliche dinner date:

Escape Room
Zip World
Ice Bar
Cafe Brunch
Silent Disco Boat Party
Creative Workshop (calligraphy, cocktail making)
Sky Diving


Make sure to check out the other girls Valentine's Day posts by heading over to their blogs down below. 

Abi's Blog
Lily's Blog 


What are you doing this Valentine's Day? 

Lots of love


subscribe to my blog my entering your email in the sidebar on the right!

2 comments

  1. These are such lovely ideas! I'm not sure what we're going to do for Valentine's Day this year, probably something low key and fun! xx
    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading these ideas char and your photos are so beautiful omg! Thank you for completing this collaboration with me - I loved it!

    Lily xx

    www.lilyroserichards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.