Benefit Samples

5 May 2014


When I went to put my nail polish on for yesterday blog post, I looked on my dressing table to see all my makeup samples. I absolutely love makeup/skincare/hair/fragrance samples and enjoy collecting them - sad, I know but I love arranging them different ways. All of my samples sit in this cute bowl that I bought a couple of months ago and maybe I will photograph it in the future if any of you wish to see it or want to know how many samples I have etc. Anyway, I noticed I had a fair amount of small Benefit samples that I absolutely love to wear and some that I wear on a regular basis ( this isn't a good thing because they are sample sizes and may run out any second). Today's post is about these samples and I guess I'm going to write a little review on each products... ENJOY!



Porefessional - This may actually happen to be my favourite Benefit product that I have tried. It is crazily good and works so well on my skin. It is said to be the UK's best-selling primer and this statement does not surprise me at all. It minimizes my pores to a treat and makes my skin feel a whole lot softer, smoother and really helps to create a silky base to apply my makeup. When applying the Porefessional, I recommend only using a pea-sized amount as it does the job perfectly and that way you are also preserving the product. I apply this around my nose, T-Zone and any rough/dry patches around my face to make them smoother and be rid of visible pores or uneven skin. Another bonus is that it leaves your makeup on for double the time it usually does; I will most definitely be picking a full size one of these up next time I go to Debenhams.



Hello Flawless - I have only tried this a couple of times because I don't want to use it all up seeing as the bottle is very small. From what I've tried, I can say that this foundation is so-so. I'm not sure whether I can say that I like it quite yet as I have only tried very little. I apply this with a buffing brush or my fingers. The coverage is fairly light but can be built to a more medium coverage. However, I still need to use a concealer afterwards because my blemishes are still visible once the foundation is blended into my skin. The formula is dewy and creamy but looks very natural on the skin and I would wear this on days when my skin is looking blemish-free for a healthy look. 


Hoola - This bronzer is my absolute fave. I have used this the most out of all my benefit samples and I am literally in love with it. It has a matte finish, which looks so pretty and natural looking on the skin; it really defines my jaw when placed in the hollows of my cheeks and additionally gives my face amazing shape when applying it in other places, such as my temples. All round amazing product - NO fault whatsoever. 


Benetint - Sorry to all of you Benetint lovers out there but I literally can't stand what this looks like on me. I hate how watery the product is and it looks awful on both my lips and cheeks. It doesn't blend very easily at all and the brush is equally as awful. I was excited to try this product but as soon as I did, I wanted to go back. Due to Benetint being a stain/tint (as the name clearly suggests), the lasting power is very good; this must be the only up side to this product. I also find the whole concept of using a product on both my lips and cheeks rather strange, however, I do really like the look of the Lolli Tint and want to try that in the near future.


They're Real - First of all, I just want to say how much I love taking photos of mascara wands. They look so pretty and I think I might be crazy... Anyway, this mascara is very loved in the beauty world and I can totally see why. It really lengthens my lashes, making them look fluttery and girly but still remaining natural. On the odd occasion, I do get a few clumps now and again but I guess you do on most mascaras. Overall, I love this mascara.


Ultra Plush Lipglosses - Finally are these three Benefit lipglosses in Hoola, Coralista and Dandelion. This is not a normal thing to begin with, but I love the smell of these, especially when they are on my lips. I can't describe the smell but I really love it... despite my friend not really liking the scent at all. More importantly, I only really like one of these lipglosses - Dandelion. I love how natural it looks on my lips and is great for those who aren't comfortable wearing a dark lip. I wear this at school on a regular basis; the colour is a pink/pearly nude and is great for subtle everyday wear. On the other hand, Hoola is not my sort of lip gloss colour. I don't really like brown colours on my lips as it doesn't flatter me at all. Also, Coralista is a very bright colour and doesn't really suit me. I think other people would look really nice with it on but it just isn't for me. 

All products mentioned above.


In the future, I would really love to buy some full size Benefit products, as sadly I don't own any full sized items...yet! A few on my wishlist are: the Porefessional, Rockateur Blush, Hoola and the Lolli Tint.

I hope you all liked this post and found it helpful in some way. I would also like to know if you like these sort of posts/reviews. Thank you for sticking around and it means a lot when you comment/send me nice messages. Leave your blog links below and I will be sure to check them all out as I love to read all of your posts!!!

What is your favourite Benefit product? Is there any you would recommend me getting?

Goodbye Xx

23 comments

  1. I had a sample of the Porefessional primer and I loved it, I definitely need to buy the full sized product. I do actually really like Benetint, I love the colour and find it quite easy to spread on the cheeks, so it's a shame you don't like it. Lollitint is a bit thicker so you will probably find that better, however I think that's hard to spread onto the cheeks as I find the consistency too thick. I use a seperate blush brush to apply both the tints as the brushes that come with them are way too small! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I liked Benetint but I just don't get on well with it. I know a lot of people love it and I have a few friends who it looks so good on..such a shame really:-(! Thanks for your comment about Lollitint, I am so desperate to try it because I actually like stains:-) What brush do you use to apply them if you don't mind me being nosy;-) Thank you again xxxx

      Delete
  2. love benefit! lucky girl to try so many of their goodies! my favourite is the they're real mascara.
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?
    let me know :)
    - Janine
    http://www.janinemaral.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course I will follow you:-) thank you so much for commenting, cant wait to read your blog xxxx

      Delete
  3. I've got the porefessional, They're real and lollitint as samples and I really like the porefessional, I quite like lollitint too although I think it will take me a bit of practise to get it right. I'm saving the mascara as I don't like having too many on the go or they dry out
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I understand the whole mascara thing, I accidentally open too many and they end up drying out really quick:-( I really want to try the lollitint as the colour looks so pretty Xxxx

      Delete
  4. I have the sample of the they're real, and I do really like it, however there's so many go dupes out there! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean. Have you got any good dupes in mind that you wouldn't mind sharing?xxxx

      Delete
  5. Great post, I love collecting samples too! Completely agree with you about orefessional, it's fab! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, i love the porefessional:-)x

      Delete
  6. I really like the Hoola bronzer but sadly I'm not a fan of the porefessional x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's a shame:-( I really REALLY like it. I do love the hoola bronzer though, it gives the prettiest matte contour xxx

      Delete
  7. I really love the porefessional and it has been a saviour to my pores. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? It works amazingly on my skin, as it does on 99% of users. I LOOOVE it xx

      Delete
  8. I've never been a fan of Bene-tint either, far too watery and almost impossible to apply carefully, especially on the go. Lollitint and Cha Cha Tint are really different, gorgeous shades too :)

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the formula is so wet and awful, I just can't stand it! Aaah, I really want the lollitint sooooo badly, the colour is so pretty and the packaging is gorgeous xxxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Oh yes, I completely forgot about high beam. I haven't tried it but really want to get a sample size to see if I like it. It looks really pretty in the bottle though, do you have the full size???xx

      Delete
  10. Oh i adore Benefit, and their mini samples are such a good way to be able to try the products before purchasing the full size! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really love there products. Sadly, I haven't any of their full size but next time I go to a counter I will definitely be picking something up, not too sure what yet as they have many beautiful products. Is there any you would recommend?xx

      Delete
  11. Lucky that you have got to try so many of their products! My favourite is "That gal" primer and "Gimme brow", would definitely recommend them.
    www.therockydiary.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo, i love brow products and really want to try the gimme brow, apparently it is amazing:-) Need to purchase it soon xxxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.