Travel Diary : A Weekend in Paris | Day 4

12 November 2016












DAY 4 

This morning consisted of frantic packing and checking out of the hotel - we wanted to get the most out of our last day so we tried to be as quick as possible. Thankfully, the lovely staff at the Atlantic Hotel allowed us to keep our bags safe and locked in their store room so we could enjoy our last day without having to lug our suitcases along with us. Again, we had breakfast at Midore, as it was close, convenient, relatively cheap and yummy! We decided to make a little list the night before to make sure we had done everything we wanted to do whilst in Paris. Our first stop was the Champs Des Elysees because we hadn't finished buying presents for our family, or even ourselves, so we wanted to get that out of the way. If you want to see what I bought whilst in Paris, make sure to check out the links at the end of this post so you can click on my Paris haul video. 

Afterwards, we hopped on the metro and headed for the Eiffel Tower. The sky was super misty and made the whole atmosphere very autumnal. It was also really strange because it was midday and there were barely any people around the Eiffel Tower. This was so lovely as we got to chill, enjoy the view and for my sake, was able to get a lovely full body photo of us and the Eiffel Tower (thank you kind French man!) After taking in the fresh air and having a lovely walk, it was time for another metro journey that brought us right outside the Hard Rock Cafe. As we didn't go at a peak time, we were able to be seated within 25 minutes!! In this time, we explored the little shop and decided to buy a couple of souvenirs. Our meal was lovely; I had breaded chicken with hot sauce and Aidan had a burger and chips. I'd never eaten at a Hard Rock Cafe before and was very impressed...

Our final destination was Notre Dame to pick up trinkets from the stalls along the riverside. There were so many beautifully crafted gifts and it was so hard to pick only a few things to take home and remember the trip. I absolutely loved seeing the incredible paintings some people had made and wished I could have brought some home to show my family. We then bought a lock and key (it actually had 3 keys on...) and stopped at one of the love lock bridges. This was one of the things I've had on my bucketlist for ages and was so happy to be finally doing it. I wrote our initials and the date onto our lock in marker pen, Aidan found the perfect spot to attach it to and we took tonnes of pictures. Before heading back to the hotel to collect our bags, we threw two of our keys into the River Seine and brought one key back with us as memorabilia. It makes me so happy to know that a little part of us, together, is in Paris and will be forever! 

The metro journey seemed to take ages on the way to the hotel, collecting our bags and travelling back to the Gare Du Nord to catch the Eurostar. My feet were hurting like crazy by this point and all I wanted to do was sit down. However, customs seemed to go pretty quickly and before we knew it, we were sitting on the Eurostar with a packet of maltesers and a tube of pringles. Obviously, we slept most of the way back because we were completely exhausted from waking up and getting back late every night. I am honestly so thankful to Aidan for getting me one of the most thoughtful, and heartfelt birthday presents in the whole world. I feel so blessed to have such a loyal and caring boyfriend (soz for soppiness)

I hope you enjoyed my Paris posts/vlogs. I will stop annoying you with it all now...BYE!

Lots of love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE PARIS RELATED POSTS


1 comment

  1. It's nice that you describe it. It's good to read about it. Thanks for this article.

    Look at: sanitary design inspection

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.