A New Chapter...

16 August 2017



At the time I'm writing this, I am absolutely terrified for tomorrow. For those unaware, the 17th of August is A Level results day for students in the UK and it's safe to say that I'm incredibly nervous. All I want is a place at my dream university...the University of Lincoln and I'm literally biting at my nails in hope that everything pans out how I want it to. The reason I'm writing this post now, despite not receiving my results yet, is to share my hopes and dreams for the future, and more importantly, cover why I want to start a new chapter of my life. Somewhere new. Somewhere exciting. A clean slate. A fresh start.





Over the past two years at sixth form, I feel like I've undergone HELL...in the nicest way possible. Alongside the constant work load, extra reading and continuous revision, I've gone through so much emotional and mental stress at home and through my school life. Sixth form was such a intense environment with people setting expectations, people still having their 'cliques' and people STILL judging others for choosing to live their life differently to theirs. Unfortunately, despite my intuition that sixth form was going to be positive, 'friendship groups' abolished and everyone was going to focus on themselves rather than demoralizing, it quite simply wasn't the case. Over these two years, I have come to realise that no matter what age you are, maturity levels rise at different times for different people - and for some, probably never. I cannot wait to be surrounded by people at university with a similar mindset to myself; I've learnt to focus on my achievements, goals and what I want in life rather than judging others. I'm not saying I'm not judgmental at all because that would be lying. We all make judgments; however, I've learnt to bury mine quite quickly. For instance, a minor case, such as an individual choosing to wear something that isn't my style, instead of thinking 'ew why would anyone want to be seen in that?!' I try to appreciate their confidence for wearing something out of the ordinary. Basically, what I'm trying to conclude is that everyone is different, we all have different aspirations and I've conclusively learnt to have a positive outlook on life. 

"I want to move on, forget the past and start a new chapter"



One thing I'm looking forward to about moving out and living in my own space is the amount of independence I will gain. In the most non-intentional way, I seem to rely on others to keep me happy and keep me company. Although I love chilling in my room alone, I find it hard to be independent outside of my own comfortable space so I feel university will really help expand my confidence. Being in a completely different town in a whole new environment is super exciting for me. I despise the place I live in now - specifically because there is NOTHING to do. It feels like I have to travel miles to do something mildly pleasing. The only convenience is that all of my family live close by, which is obviously wonderful. In my head, university is going to be a life-changing experience for the better and I really hope that my expectations haven't built too high... I'm looking forward to new experiences and being surrounded by unknown places. The quirky cobbled roads, the independent shops, the cute cafes, the gorgeous architecture on the buildings and the beautiful Bradford Quay. As you can tell, I admire Lincoln as a city and cannot wait to be living in a place bordered by endless activities. 




Finally, I'm thrilled to start a new chapter so I can start living my life to the fullest. I want to wake up early (apart from hangover mornings), make the most of my days and go exploring. I want to become comfortable in the city, get my boyfriend to visit and share all of my favourite places in Lincoln, and vice versa. After all the awful tragedies happening in the country over the past year, I've decided to let loose instead of being fearful. I'm more relaxed, positive and have started to say yes to many an opportunity! This lifestyle change has made me the happiest I have ever been and it has all happened this summer. I want my happy, care-free attitude to continue with me through to university, and for the rest of my life. I know we cannot always be happy and there are going to be little hiccups in our life. However, I always think 'there could be worse things' if I've lost a materialistic item or I'm fed up because I cannot find a nice outfit to wear. Someone is always worse off that yourself so do not take life for granted. Embrace your imperfections, work for what you want to achieve and have fun. Life is too short and I cannot wait to continually flourish and grow whilst starting my new chapter at university.

Outfit :
Playsuit - New Look
Shoes - Vans
Sunglasses - Primark
Shoulder Bag - Primark

What are your plans for the future? Are you up to anything fun this summer?

Lots of love

Photos taken by my incredibly talented best friend Sophie Jolley. 

Sophie's Social:

5 comments

  1. I absolutely loved reading this post. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I found out I'd got into university. I remember feeling exactly as you are now - filled with nerves and excitement! I'm sure you will absolutely smash your results and do amazingly, and will have the best time in Lincoln. Best of luck lovely! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post. i love this looks such a pretty looks, you are looking so glam on the checks dress it's looking so unique style....
    uryourstyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing

    หนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its natural to think this way. I was also very nervous to take admission in my dream university NED university for engineering and was literally flying in the air when got admission there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to the author for writing the post, it was quite necessary for me and liked it. I wrote a note on the top dissertation writing services about this. I will be happy if you read it and accept it. Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.