Fun, Festival Makeup Look ft. Beauty N Brushes

9 August 2017



Festivals have never really been my forte - despite loving music, dancing and experimenting with makeup, I don't like the idea of camping in a crowded environment and constantly surrounded by drunken people both day and night. I guess that's me just stereotyping the whole event, but nothing has ever ridiculously appealed to me, other than the fun makeup and hair styles people create for the day. Being a glitter addict, I just had to buy some beautiful face glitter to experiment with and create my (non) festival makeup look. This is the first time I've ever created something bold, glittery and unique to my standard style so I hope you like it. As always, I am no makeup artist so I just play around with my products and pray that the end result isn't a complete shambles.

Before I get into all the makeup I used, I would love to mention that this post is in collaboration with one of my lovely blogging friends - Emily Styles from the blog Beauty N Brushes. She is such a lovely fellow blogger of mine and always puts her heart and soul into her posts. It would mean the world to me, and herself I'm sure, if you went and read her post after this one. She's also created a festival/summer perfect makeup look so head over there after! 




FACE

The wonderful PR team at Benefit Cosmetics kindly sent over a Festival Survial Kit - the packaging was adorable and I shared it over on my vlog channel last week (Charlotte Emily Vlogs). Encased in an adorable pink tin are 5 mini Benefit products. I decided to use the tiny Porefessional to prime my face; I love this because it evens out my skin tone, allowing my foundation to apply super smoothly. For foundation, I blended Tarte's Empowered Hybrid foundation into my skin with the Real Technique's Complexion Sponge. This foundation is a life saver for dry skin; it makes my skin super glowy, look healthy and leaves a stunning dewy finish. I concealed my under eyes and highlighted the centre of my face with the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer. For contour, I opted for my Chanel Tan de Soleil - this cool toned cream product works wonders at carving your cheek bones. I finally reached for my Live Love London Bronze and Highlighting palette to, as the name suggests, bronze and highlight my face. I applied the white highlight to the high points of my face - above the brow bone, cheekbones, cupid's bow and tip of my nose. 

THE FUN PART! To accentuate my cheek bones and to get into the full swing of festival makeup, I bought myself some beautiful goodies from Festival Face. After applying a small amount of the Glitter Fix Glue to a small, dense brush, I popped it into my two glitter pots - Unicorn Dust and Iridescent Flakes. They both pair to make a stunning combination; making you feel sassy, sexy and glow to the extreme. I am a MAGPIE when it comes to glitter...I love everything that sparkles so these made me super excited and really helped to complete the overall complexion.




EYES

As always, I use my trusty Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Chocolate to draw on my brows. I further set them in place with a new holy grail...Benefit's Gimme Brow. This product was my go-to on holiday. I cannot believe how fab this is at setting my brow hairs and lasting all day long. For eyeshadow, all I did was apply Urban Decay's Moon Dust shadow in Solstice all over the lid with a flat top brush. I then moved onto liner. To change up from my usual routine, I used my Tarte Amazonian Clay liner in Fairy Wings (how cute) to create winged liner. I love how the holographic shadow and purple complement each other. To lengthen my upper lashes, I used Maybelline's the Colossal Big Shot, whilst applying Arbonne's Royal Purple mascara to my lower lashes for that extra pop of colour! I feel like purple really made my brown eyes turn hazel...


LIPS

To finish the look, I reached for some products that were sent to me absolutely ages ago. They came from a trio set from Cailyn Cosmetics; I remembered creating an ombre lip with them so decided it would go well with this jazzy makeup look. I used the bright purple to line and use as the darker colour - popping the bright pink in the centre of my lips to form the gradient effect. I love how this brought the whole look together and intensifies the purples/pinks used on the eyelids.



Check out Emily's Festival Look over on her blog if you want to see how she achieved this gorgeous look. Let us know what you think and if you want to see us collaborate on more makeup looks together. 

What are your holy grail beauty products this summer? Are you attending a festival this year?

Lots of love

10 comments

  1. I love festival fashion! This look is awesome - the more glitter the better :) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved collaborating with you Darling! Can't wait to do more with you in the future.
    You looked gorgeous, love the purple! xoxo
    www.beautynbrushes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite motivational post.Your best topbritishessays content always forces me to follow your posts and my friends also follow your stuff.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before browsing our model you need to understand what is an Eliquids in India. The electronic cigarette or ecigarette contains battery, clearomizer and you need to buy eliquid separately. The eliquid needs to be filled in Clearomizer and when battery button is pressed then it evaporates the eliquid and gives vapor

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUUL in India. The Juul Full Starter kit comes with everything you need to start vaping now including the Juul Battery, USB charge cord and a variety of 2 pre-filled pods with the most popular Juul pod flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myperdiscohelp.com assists accounting students at every step of Perdisco Login . Our scholars and professionals are ready to assist and provide with the best outstanding quality assignment help delivered on time. We are available 24/7 round the clock and provide cheapest and very affordable assignments. We guaranteed to an A+ grade in Perdisco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Help with assignment online

    Are you looking for Help with assignment online? Best assignment experts is a top-rated assignment delivery site that you can visit. We have been delivering content for years now.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.