My Guide To : Become Inspired

1 September 2017



After exam season finally came to a close at the end of June, I lost an incredible amount of motivation and strength to do anything. All of my blog ideas were average, I lacked complete motivation to film a Youtube video and I had no idea what I wanted to achieve over summer. This completely messed with my head - I would like to say I'm a very organised person, planning things significantly in advance, constantly list making and wanting to know what I'm doing for the week ahead. Exams had utterly drained me. All of my determination and passion for life had been driven into a stressful, compact two months and left me with nothing but a room full of exam papers, mind maps and an aching head. Fortunately, I was able to get away for an incredible fortnight in Mexico not long after my last exam for complete relaxation, bliss and most importantly, to kickstart my creativity...




TAKE A WALK

One thing I always love to do to freshen my mind is going for a walk. I prefer having someone to talk to and keep me company, but I know a lot of people like walking alone to clear their head. I always find fresh air can help a lot of things (e.g. my anxiety, ease stress/anger and boost my creativity). Whenever I'm feeling uninspired, I will take a walk around a local country park with my boyfriend or find a new place to walk to. It takes my mind away from the negatives and helps me think about things methodically and logically.


REVAMP YOUR WORKSPACE

Whether I decide to purchase some new decor for my desk, dust my workspace or simply tidy the area up, I find that simplistic things like these can easily help with inspiration. A messy workspace equals a messy mind, no doubt! I cannot believe how difficult it can be, for me personally, to concentrate and think of ideas when I don't have a clear area to work in. Sometimes I find buying myself a little something can help too - I am obsessed with my Muji diffuser on my desk. The incredible citrus scents make me super calm and at ease; it always helps to keep the ideas flowing...






VISIT A NEW PLACE

Exploring is something I love to do. Probably EVER. I seriously want to travel my country and the world, experiencing new things and making tonnes of memories with my favourite people. I mean, don't we all?! Whenever I'm feeling low and in a boring, repetitive routine, I try to go on a new adventure depending on my financial state. Even if it is visiting a local cafe I've never tried or exploring a town in the UK, the opportunities and places to go are endless no matter what budget you're on. Going to a new location always helps spark ideas; whether it be video ideas or the perfect photography location for outfit photos, new places undoubtedly give me innovative ideas for my online content!


SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE

Over the past few years, I have learnt that to keep yourself happy, you need to surround yourself with people who understand you, who want to create memories with you and most importantly, boost your positivity. As you grow older, you realise who benefits your life and who brings your self esteem down. I'm happy and comfortable with the people I have around me at the minute, despite the small amount of people that may be. I love the people in my life - the happiness and memories they create with me constantly inspires my blog work, and inevitably sources content for my Youtube channel (Charlotte Emily Vlogs) 




BROWSE THE WEB 

Finally, if I'm struggling with creativity and new ideas, I always reach for online shops. Browsing the web for the latest fashion and makeup trends seriously inspires my work. Not only does it spark my ridiculously opinionated mind to write my thoughts on the subject, activities like outfit planning makes me actively produce content in real life, as well as online. I'm obsessed with fashion at the minute and cannot online shopping. Accessories are always my favourite part of an outfit - sunglasses in particular. These gorgeous blue/green reflective sunnies are from the GlassesShop.com! The gorgeous golden frame and light-reflective finish allows a stunning colour change during the day. In the different lights, the colour of the shades alter from a variety of blues and greens! The Glasses Shop sell so many eyeglasses online, including a range of glasses frames and even the option to purchase prescription glasses. They have kindly given me a 50% discount code if anyone wishes to buy any - GSHOT50. Let me know your favourites! Sunglasses are my go-to accessory - summer or winter...


What do you do to keep inspired? 

Lots of love


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sunglasses were gifted in collaboration with the Glasses Shop; however, all opinions are honest and my own.


2 comments

  1. Loved this post! I know exactly what you mean about lacking inspiration, i browse the website as well in order to find some inspiration or go out with my friends! That really helps me with finding inspiration, since i'm talking to my friends about the things that are important to them and me.

    Kim
    www.vanmenxel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful floral dress, beautiful wedding dress, beautiful evening dress hire prom dress cocktail dress code reasonably priced wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.