I JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE...

28 April 2018



On the 6th April 2018, I managed to tick the number one goal from my bucket list - SKYDIVING. I've been wanting to jump out of a plane for years - not something you usually hear from your average gal - but I'm such an adrenalin junkie. I love the feeling of my adrenalin increasing, my heart beating fast and enjoying something with a little bit of danger involved. Over the years, I've done a variety of crazy things like white water rafting in Turkey and ziplining through Mexican forests but skydiving has always been number one. My boyfriend's mum kindly bought myself the chance to skydive, alongside her, Aidan and Aidan's brother.  




THE MORNING

We had to wake up super early; baring in mind, I had just returned from a very tiresome journey from Italy, I was surviving off 4 hours sleep (hence the lethargic look in these images). Fortunately, Aidan's mum treated us all to getting the experience filmed. If you've been here before, you will know that I also have two Youtube channels. I was so desperate to get the footage for my vlog (which you can watch here - the whole jump is captured!) and share the entire day with all of my avid readers/viewers! Arriving an hour before the jump, we prepared ourselves by having a small bite to eat, a drink and chatting to the family. My entire family came to watch, alongside some of my boyfriend's, so we literally had an entire audience supporting us! A few forms signed later...we headed into the briefing room and were informed on the best position to hold as you jump followed by the best technique to land safely. There wasn't too much information to take in, which was great as at this point nerves started building up... 



THE JUMP

All the gear was popped on, including this extremely flattering condom-esque hat, and we made our way to the plane. It took about 10 minutes to reach the pilot's requirements and the crazy height of 13,000 feet. The weather wasn't completely on our side, as it was very cloudy and the wind speeds were high; however, it didn't affect the experience too much. I was told that I'd be leaving the plane last because I was sat at the back - I initially panicked but as soon as I saw my boyfriend, his brother and mum jump, it all happened to quickly to continue worrying. As I was looking out the plane window, I was genuinely enjoying the sights and my nerves were nowhere near as bad as they were on land. Before I knew it, I was hanging off a guy on the edge of the plane with my very own camera guy attached, like Spiderman, to the side of the aircraft! It was such a mental, overwhelming, adrenalin-bursting, quick experience that I will never EVER forget...We free fell for about 40-50 seconds. The wind blowing into my mouth gave the awful illusion of not being able to breathe but of course, this was over soon enough and I was floating to the ground. I also had a bit of a mare with my goggles - they kept sliding into my eyes so I struggled to see what was going on during the free fall due to the powers of the wind and gravity. 



THE LANDING 

As always, nothing ever goes smoothly for me. I was the last to jump out the plane and the pilot decided to turn as we were jumping; this gave the guy behind my no other choice but to land in the field next to the one everyone else did. Fortunately, I didn't capture the landing because it WAS NOT PRETTY. I almost snapped both of my ankles, the parachute almost took us back up into the air and the motions that were going on were not child friendly...It was so odd and I'm glad no-one managed to capture that on camera! Overall, my dive was 10/10 for such an indescribable, hilarious and emotionally overwhelming experience. I would highly recommend saving up for a jump because the feeling you get is sensational. I'm planning on doing so many skydives in the future, hopefully in different countries!

1 comment

  1. Looks amazing! Not sure if I'd have the guts to do it tbh but everyone that has done it has described it as an amazing experience so I might give it a go in the future! x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.