Food Spot: Basecamp, Lincoln

25 January 2019


YAY A NEW SERIES. This is definitely a series I want to keep going and consistently posting about on my blog. I loooove trying new food and drink places, especially when they are quirky, hidden or aren't as well know. Thus, I'm going to start sharing my favourite places to eat and chill with my friends - starting off with my ultimate fave cafe in Lincoln. As I endure the rest of my time at the University of Lincoln, I want to highlight all the best places to stop for an energy boost. However, I don't want it to just start and stop in Lincoln - I want to share the food/drink places I try in London, other UK cities and restaurants abroad. Hopefully this little series will inspire you to try somewhere new as it's something I don't do enough. I'm a huge creature of habit so I'll always return to the same places if I know they have something I like. Being a fussy eater my whole life hasn't been easy but since university, my tastebuds have changed so I'm able to venture in the delicious realms of food heaven.

Here is episode 1 of Char's Top Food Spots - BASECAMP, Lincoln.





BASECAMP

If you watch my videos on Youtube, you will know my undying love for this coffee shop. Located on Lincoln's iconic Steep Hill, this place will be sure to pull your heartstrings. I adore rustic cafes with wooden furniture, a vintage interior and a cosy feel. The location is ideal as it will surely be your saving grace from enduring the intense trek up Steep Hill. Alongside the chilled vibe and beautiful aesthetics, the staff are also super lovely and extremely helpful. When the staff are chatty, friendly and give this amazing positive energy, I always find that it lifts my spirits for the entire day. That's one of the many reasons I love a coffee trip to Basecamp. Additionally, they cater for a variety of dietary requirements - most/all of their cakes are vegan, gluten and dairy free. It's quite rare to find a nice cafe that will cater for many dietaries so if you have any intolerances or want to try a delicious cake, pop into Basecamp to give one a try!





Right, I thought I'd recommend my two favourite things from the Basecamp menu. Firstly, the item I never fail to choose from the main menu is the 'Breakfast Smoothie Bowl'. A delightful concoction of coconut flakes, honey, banana and all the berries! I literally cannot get enough of this - it's specifically amazing for curing hangovers. I always crave yummy healthy food after a night out so this is always the place we head to if we can force ourselves up Steep Hill the following afternoon. It's honestly the perfect brunch spot! Oh, I also highly recommend the 'Chocolate Orange' cake - the flaky and crumbling texture is honestly delicious. I love the fact that it's vegan too! Both of these items from the menu are a large size and incredible quality for the price. The smoothie bowls cost roughly £5-6 and the cakes range from £2-3. 





Overall, I'd seriously recommend checking out Basecamp if you are ever in Lincoln and looking for brunch, a bite to eat, the best cake or just for a chilled drink. The cosy environment will surely ease any anxieties and set you up for the rest of you day. For me, Basecamp is a 10/10 for aesthetics, price, quality and comfort. I LOVE YOU BASECAMP.

Have you ever been to Basecamp before? Where are you favourite food spots in Lincoln or where you live?

Lots of love

6 comments

  1. Lincoln is top of my list for whenever I visit the city! It always looks so amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food there looks so so good! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing someone special is very very hard for us,That time we all get emotionally attached,In that time if our loved ones right some condolence message then it will helps us to encourage our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In kolkata few women shy to join gym,Because they afraid how to interact men gym trainer.But now you can join ladies’ gyms in Kolkata where they offer you separate room and ladies gym instractor. So join there quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.