A Positive Mindset

29 November 2017



Since moving to university, all I seem to talk about is how positively it has impacted on my life. I have so many stories, feelings and thoughts to share with you on how I've managed to change my outlook on life. Prior to my new mindset, I would work myself up, become overly anxious and battle with my head whenever I felt immersed in social situations. Today I thought I'd share with you all the things I think about and have done to help me have such an incredible, positive view on life.




Starting off with something a little harsh, my first thing to think about is the people you surround yourself with. I was in such a dark place before university, filled with negativity, hatred and anger. I managed to overcome these powerful emotions by cutting off people who would evoke these horrible traits within me - although it can be sad at first, I instantly felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders once I started to focus on myself and the people who brought positive things to my life. Being surrounded by such wonderful, inspiring and optimistic people has made me think of the amazing memories I can create (or have already created). From the small evening trips hunting for a naughty takeaway to the fun days out shopping, I've realised that all I need are my family, best friends and boyfriend to help me appreciate the smaller things in life. I don't need materialistic items to be happy, I just want to create memories with people that I will always remember and can share with the world and my future family.




Money isn't everything. My life was one hell of a stress during summer - I worked continuously to earn money so that I would have savings for university and to treat myself before throwing myself into years of debt. However, I've realised that although saving some money is important, I shouldn't be stingy when it comes to a casual lunch with my friends or a luxury hot drink from my nearest Starbucks. I used to hesitate on buying food/drink/experiences but now that's all I want to spend my money on. Don't get me wrong, it is always a safe option to have some back up money but reflecting on my time in Lincoln so far, I've made tonnes of memories in such a short space of time. It has been three months since I've moved to Lincoln and I've created as much memories as I have in three years! Treat yourself to a day out with a friend because I promise you, it will be worth it. Even if it doesn't quite go to plan, it is still a story to tell and you will always remember what happened!


My Outfit:

Rust Jumper - Everything5Pounds (Use the code 5CHARLOTTE5 for money off!)
Trousers - LOTD


What are your top tips for a positive mindset? Is there anyone who has inspired you to change your the way you think for the better?


Lots of love


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jumper shown in the photos was complimentary of Everything5Pounds; however, all opinions are honest and my own. 

4 comments

  1. You look so beautiful,I just love your dress,You have done such a good job by writing on mental health. Mental health is as important as our physical health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so important and I feel it is nice that people are becoming more open to talk about mental health x

      Delete
  2. This post brings a lot of cool information. It's good that I can read such a great article.

    pump acg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we offer you a fibromyalgia diet plan for free of cost.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.