Alternative Weekend in London

18 November 2017



After spending the two complete months at university, settling in and finding my way around Lincoln, I decided it was time to visit my boyfriend. Initially, I thought living a two hour train journey away from Aidan was going to be extremely difficult - being together for over four years has, of course, created a strong bond between us. I was worried that I would feel lonely and sad, when in fact I feel the opposite. Distance has been incredible for us. Don't get me wrong, I miss Aidan a lot and it is super strange not having him around 24/7. We used to see each other almost everyday in our hometown so it was odd to begin with. However, I feel that distance has helped our relationship and made us grow stronger. It made me so excited to see him for the first time and visit his university in London. As we hadn't seen each other in a while, we decided to treat ourselves to a perfect weekend together. I ticked SO many things off of my bucket list! Here are a few things we got up to...





A spontaneous breakfast was ideal to start off the weekend. We decided to pop into Le Pain Quotidien for a morning pick me up. I opted for a creamy hot chocolate - I poured the most rich, delicious chocolate into my large mug. It was absolutely divine - I partnered my hot drink with a jam croissant and a chocolate and banana muffin. Aidan also chose the muffin but decided on a wake up call from an espresso. The service was fast and the staff were polite - I would definitely recommend going to a Le Pain Quotidien if you are looking to treat yourself to a more luxurious breakfast.







Being the geeks we are, Aidan saved the two museums neighbouring his univeristy and accomodation for when I visited so we could see them together. On Saturday we explored the Science museum - I really enjoy looking at the areas of science I'm interested in, such as human biology, psychology and evolution, whereas Aidan is into physics. There were so many incredible things to see and learn - I was particularly shocked by the piece of moon that was held one of the glass cabinets. Moreover, the Natural History Museum was where we went on Sunday morning. After the two minutes of silence in respect of Remembrance day, we spent 3 hours walking around and admiring the several floors and rooms of the museum. If you are interested in learning something new or enjoy looking around museums, you should definitely check these places out - they are both free entry! 





For lunch, we headed to Camden Market. It was the first time I've ever been and I loved walking around the different stalls, looking at the quirky artwork and alternative christmas gifts. There were so many amazing jewellery, gift, clothing and food stands! It literally smelt amazing, especially in the streets. I've always wanted to go to the Cereal Killer Cafe so we popped into the one in Camden. Being a huge chocolate lover, I picked Crunch cereal mixed with Golden Grahams, topped with magic stars and a happy hippo. You also get a classic milk bottle accompanied with your cereal - it is potentially the worst cereal and meal in the world but it tasted AMAZING nonetheless. The interior of the cafe was authentic and retro; the music took me back to my childhood and the walls were plastered with throwback cartoon characters, films and old cereal brands. This is definitely a place to try if you are looking for an alternative meal or unique dining experience...








Leaving the best till last, one of the places I've wanted to go for the longest time is The Alchemist. This cocktail bar located in Bevis Marks, East London, is not only a great for a social but provides an experience. There are a variety of cocktails to choose from and the science aesthetics are to die for (if you are a nerd like me). With cocktails held in conical flasks and your drink changing colour/exploding/smoking, you are bound to have a unique experience. The interior was gorgeous with the green furniture and warm lighting, and the vibe was so lovely for a Sunday evening. I will definitely be heading back here again, especially as the average drinks ranged from £6-£8. To be honest, I don't think that it bad for a London cocktail bar and you're getting some amazing theatrics thrown in.

Watch my London Vlog 

Have you ever been to any of the places I mentioned? Where is your favourite place to visit in London?


Lots of love


2 comments

  1. Oh I've been to London twice and I remember visiting both museums you mentioned - they were incredible! Being also a nerd, the Alchemist looks so fantastic! Need to put it on my bucket list for the next time I visit :D Awesome post!

    Roksana | www.beatsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about The Alchemist- I'm desperate to go! Also I love the Science museum, when I last went they had this massive exhibition on junk food and it was just so interesting. I'm also a big fan of Camden market, the place just has so much character doesn't it? I can't wait till I can go again- it's annoying because I'm taking a gap year at the mo and I live in London, and I want to go to all these places but my friends are either poor uni students or their work schedules don't match up to mine that easily, but seeing posts like this reminds me of how amazing London is!x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.