The Festive Spirit

13 November 2017



Right, so it seems that I've gone a bit overboard this year with the idea of Christmas. Being a student, I am evidently poor and clearly do not have the financial stability to buy luxurious presents for the amazing people in my life. Oh, I wish I could. However, I've suddenly gone CRAZY this Christmas - I've bought over half of my presents and it's not even mid-November?! My bank account is SCREAMING for me to stop but it just so happens I'm mid train journey to London for a weekend with my boyfriend (meaning there will be a lot more Christmas shopping to be done...oops!) I thought I'd share a few things that I've bought and received that have helped me jump right into the Christmas Spirt...




My first thing to kickstart the festive season is a huge bedroom change - my grey bedding has been pushed aside by this gorgeous red and white Christmas set from the Happy Linen Company. Opting for the gorgeous single Festive Scandi, this Nordic inspired print has transformed my little university room; I'm obsessed with the variety of prints and the intricate detail displayed all over the duvet and pillow set. I'm also loving how the set is double-sided; however, I much preferred white being the dominant, background colour so that the red didn't completely overwhelm my room. My next plan is to overload my bed with numerous Christmas pillows to make form my own cosy grotto.

The Happy Linen Company also sell a wide range of affordable bedding for all bed sizes. Make sure to check out their website if you are looking for something to transform your room and get into the festive spirit. Use the code SCARLETSLIPPERSX25 for money off!





To take my uni room to a whole festive level of EXTRA, I've decided to purchase some decor, homeware and wrapping necessities to get me even more excited for my favourite time of the year. My first purchase was a gorgeous copper reindeer from Poundland - if you are looking for Christmas decor for student friendly prices, then definitely check out Poundland - I had to force myself not to buy the entire Christmas section... Moreover, I had to own this gorgeous little reindeer mug! How cute is the candy cane handle and adorable design? I cannot wait for endless hot chocolates and watching Christmas films with my family/flat mates! The mug was from Asda Living; I'd never been in one before and came out with so many amazing gift sets for my loved ones! Finally, I've decided to buy the majority of my Christmas wrapping essentials - brown parcel paper, ribbons, tags and stickers. I'm going to take great pride in the presentation of my parcels this year so thought I'd purchase some gorgeous accessories to customise my wrapped gifts. All of the photographed pieces are from Tiger, The Range and TK Maxx. 

Make sure you're following both my Youtube Channels for Christmas videos. I'm also doing Vlogmas (vlogging everyday until Christmas) on my vlogging channel...



Are you prepared this Christmas? What is your favourite shop to visit at Christmas?

Lots of love


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bedding was kindly received as a PR package; however, all opinions are honest and my own.

1 comment

  1. I need to start my Christmas shopping! I like to try and get as much done as I can before December so that I can just enjoy the Christmas festivities without being in the shops!

    xo, Elisabeth
    http://elisabethhayes.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.