The Best of Birmingham

31 May 2019



One of my favourite cities in the UK has to be Birmingham - there is so much to do that the hours fly by and before you know it, it's time to head home. Today I thought I'd share with you some of my top places to visit if you're looking to stay in Birmingham for a weekend or want to know the best places to explore if you're there just for a day. There are plenty of hotels in Birmingham, and close to the city centre too; so if you want to stay the weekend then you can really enjoy experiencing the eclectic styles of bars or simply spend that extra day to shop till you drop!

Here are my top 5 things to do, play or visit whilst you're in Birmingham city: 




THE WORLD'S BIGGEST PRIMARK

If you weren't aware, Birmingham is the host city for the world's largest EVER Primark store. With 5 floors, cafes and a beauty salon, you could spend hours shopping away and indulging in the delicious foods available. Personally, I'd recommend heading to the shop early if you're going on a weekend or weekday because you tend to avoid the rush of people. My highlights about visiting this Primark definitely have to be 6 racks of sunglasses - sooooo many amazing styles to choose from and for such an affordable price - as well as the aesthetically pleasing Disney cafe. Unfortunately, we didn't get to eat due to a crazy half term week queue but we admired the food from afar. I need to get my hands on some Mickey Mouse pancakes next time!




BIRMINGHAM BULLRING - SHOPPING & FOOD

I absolutely adore going to the Bullring for shopping - especially during Christmas time. The atmosphere is always buzzing, the shops are amazing and there are so many lovely restaurants all a short walk away from each other. Myself and my cousin decided to head to Pizza Express during our recent trip because there were some new amazing meals on the menu. This honeycomb cheesecake was a WINNER - super creamy and delicious, served with your choice of ice cream. I'd highly recommend if you're a cheesecake lover like myself! From Italian to Mexican, fast food options to a healthy juice bar, there are so many options inside and surrounding the Bullring if you're feeling a little peckish. 






GHETTO GOLF 

Situated in an industrial estate about a 10 minute walk from the Bullring, Ghetto Golf is a cool place to go for some fun with your mates/family/partner. This is definitely my new favourite thing to do in Birmingham - I was extremely impressed with my experience thanks to the amazing staff, unique holes and of course, the COCKTAILS!! Not only is the location and graffiti artwork incredible, the holes were hilarious and innovative. An experience unlike any that I've had before - you have to go there at some point in your life. Combined with a couple of deliciously tasting cocktails (Lethal Drizzle was my fave) and great company, this would make the perfect night out with your mates or your partner. 



TATTU

Looking for the most Instagrammable location in Birmingham? Tattu is the place for you. A gorgeous cocktail bar and restaurant that oozes beauty, elegance and tonnes of blossom. A romantic atmosphere partnered with class and plenty of gin, this would make for the most incredible date location. The interior design is stunning, the menu is diverse and it's located under 10 minute walk from the Birmingham Bullring/Grand central. If you're up for cocktails with a pretty view, Tattu is the one for you. 



KITTY CAFE & BIRMINGHAM MUSEUM AND ART GALLERY

One of Birmingham's newest additions to the amazing list of things to do and see in the area is the brand new Kitty cafe. An adorable place for you to chill, drink hot drinks and relax with a bunch of furry animals - this is what we've all wanted in life, right? I feel like the kitty cafe has answered our prayers and created a place where people can completely detox from social media and enjoy the company of furry animals. I love this idea so much and it will definitely attract cat fanatics to the area. 

The Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery can be visited for no charge at all. From history to current affairs, this museum/gallery hosts a range of exhibitions that will entice passionate individuals from all around the country. They are currently holding an amazing exhibition about body image and how our perception on body image has been curated through different mediums over time. This really intrigued me as I have a strong passion for body confidence and positivity. However, if you're into history knowledge or want to take your kids for a fun, intellectual day out, there are exhibitions that are fitting for everyone. 


Let me know what your favourite things to do in Birmingham are. Make sure to check out the vlog from my recent day out in Birmingham. 

Have you been to any of these places before? Do you have any recommendations for my next visit?

Lots of love



This post is in collaboration with Hotels.com; however, all opinions are honest and my own.

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ghetto golf! I live in Birmingham so it's nice to hear about it from the perspective of someone visiting.


    Chelle: www.chellebelle2016.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.