Warner Bros Studios | Is The Harry Potter Tour Experience Worth It?!

14 May 2019



At the beginning of 2019, I ticked off one of the top things from my bucketlist - to visit the Warner Bros Studios and experience a Harry Potter tour in the UK. I've been lucky enough to visit the Harry Potter World in Universal, Orlando; however, I really wanted to visit the Warner Brother Studios in Watford because it holds some of the most amazing sculptures, costumes and more from the films. Growing up, the Harry Potter books and films were a huge part of my childhood - I was maybe too obsessed, collecting all of the merchandise, roaming the streets with a broom and wand and finally, owning a bloody cauldron?! Seriously. I was a little obsessed kid when it came to Harry Potter so I become very nerdy whenever I attend something wizarding-world related!

Anyway, myself and my best friend, Hattie, booked tickets for early January to treat ourselves after the Christmas exams. We were extremely excited and were fortunate enough to experience Hogwarts in the SNOW!! We had no idea until we reached the venue, best surprise ever! I thought I'd write a little review of my time there - telling you all whether I'd recommend spending your hard-earned money on this tour or whether to just stick to binging the films on a Sunday afternoon.




If you don't want any spoilers of your trip, I'd suggest skipping this post until after your visit because I will probably talk in detail about all my favourite elements of the Studios. Before starting the tour, we were given a little talk by one of the amazing staff members, seated as if we were about to watch one of the movies ourselves. After a few minutes, the screen unveiled the incredible Great Hall door - the theatrics were amazing and I was so excited to walk through the doors. I was literally such a little nerd smiling away to all of the intricate details - the Christmas touches were an extra bonus too! The food on the tables included Christmas puddings and there was a gorgeous Christmas tree at the top of the hall. 




After being overly excited from the first section of the tour, Hattie and I roamed all of the amazing set, costumes, props and other amazing items from the Harry Potter films. I literally adored seeing everything with my own eyes; it was like I was honestly living my childhood fantasy. The tour groups are designed very intelligently so it never gets overcrowded in an area. We took our time, there was absolutely no rush and we could stroll around reading all the cool information about the pros/set/etc.





One of the general standouts from my trip was definitely the interactive side to it all. There were green screens, moving sets and fun things for both myself and younger kids (haha!) to participate in to make the trip extra entertaining. We even tried some magic to levitate our own broomstick! I couldn't stop smiling as we ventured around the studio.





The layout of the place was a wonderful choice, in my opinion. All of the favourite destinations were planned towards the end so you left feeling incredibly happy and fulfilled with your time in Harry Potter world. Hogwarts in the snow was so stunning, Diagon Alley was super cool and the new Forbidden Forest that Hattie hadn't been to yet was very fun. I cannot wait to return in the future to see all the amazing additions they keep working on to get customers back! I've heard Gringotts is now there and I'm desperate to head back in the near future. Before heading home, we couldn't resist buying some merchandise haha. Check out the video I created from our day if you want to see all of these photos come to life and what we ended up buying HERE.

Have you ever been to the Warner Bros Studio? Do you love HP as much as me?

Lots of love 

1 comment

  1. Great post - my friend recently went on this tour and absolutely loved it! I am not a huge fan of Harry Potter, but I think it would still be fun to see :) It looks like you enjoyed it!
    -Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.