3 Simple & Sweet Pancake Recipes

28 February 2017

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY! I hope you're all having a fabulous day whatever you are doing and I hope you all get the change to indulge in some wonderful doughy treats at some point today. As I'm a huge crepe lover, I decided to step out of my comfort zone today and create some American-styled pancakes. I absolutely love the look of them - so aesthetically pleasing and mouth-watering. After looking at several recipes and topping ideas, I've decided to share with you 3 simple, easy-to-make pancake ideas for those of you with a sweet tooth like me. I will honestly never understand why anyone likes savoury pancakes...



As I'm new to this style of pancake, I decided to step with the BBC Good Food's standard recipe to ensure that my pancakes were light and fluffy. It would have been too risky to create a recipe of my own at this early stage! However, my boyfriend and I adapted parts of the recipe and altered some of the ingredients to suit our taste buds and change the standard pancake up a little. Feel free to experiment like we did if you have the time!





Banana, Maple Syrup & Cinnamon

To try and perfect the recipe, we decided to create a few standard ones to ease us into the process. Luckily, I had a small frying pan to help make us the (almost) perfect spherical shape of the classic American pancake. The mixture was super light and fluffy, making the pancake taste delicious - especially eaten fresh and warm. We added a little drop of vanilla essence into the mixture given to add that extra sweetness and topped the stack off with some chopped bananas, a sprinkle of cinnamon and finally, drizzled a tonne of maple syrup over the top.





Blueberries and Cream

For this version, we decided to explore putting fruit inside the pancake. We separated the mixture into a little jug, cut half a packet of blueberries into quarters and popped them in. Making sure they were all randomly floating in the mixture, we poured it onto the mini frying pan and awaited results. I think they look super cool and to be honest, these were probably my favourite of the three. The amount of blueberry flavour was divine, making the sweetness and saltiness of the mixture completely balanced. I also had to top off the stack with some whipped cream and blueberries for the aesthetic...





Double Chocolate & Raspberry

Something I was super excited about trying was chocolate pancakes. I've never tried them before so we thought, why not make them now as we have the time? All we did differently was simply add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the mixture, to add the choccie flavour and brown colour. Single chocolate wasn't enough for a chocaholic like me, so we melted a bar of chocolate and poured it over so it oozed over the edges. So yummy and pretty! I also love raspberries with chocolate so added them on top too.

What are you favourite Pancake toppings? Do you prefer American-style or crepes?

Lots of love

2 comments

  1. I can't wait to have pancakes when I get home from uni! I didn't have chance to have any this morning as I slept in but I'm so excited for my flat mate to be making some tonight! We will get inspiration from this post :)

    Amy xx | fleurdubelle.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thats amazing! Thank you so much, definitely send me a picture over on my one of my social media so I can have a look. Thank you for reading lovely xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.