Brand Focus : Cougar Cosmetics

4 February 2017



 If you're an avid reader of my blog, you will know that I haven't done one of these in a while. I used to introduce new brands that I'm loving through a 'Brand Focus' post - this is where I review products that are specific to one brand only and let you know how I'm getting on with them. Today, I have a smaller brand - 'Cougar Cosmetics' - who kindly sent me out one of their matte liquid lipsticks and face masks. After testing them out for the past few weeks, I've decided to share with you my honest opinion and how I would compare these products to larger high street and high end brands. Shall we begin???




THE LIQUID LIPSTICK

Liquid lipsticks seemed to be the craze of 2016. Everyone loved finding the perfect liquid lipstick that held the best lasting power and fab pigmentation. I purchased my first matte liquid lipstick towards the end of last year from Sephora, when I was in Paris. I bought a Huda Beauty one in the shade 'FLIRT', which happens to be a very similar colour to Cougar Cosmetics 'Cocoa'. The product applies almost identical to what you see through the packaging, just slightly darker. A deep, nude-to-brown finish is left on the lips after 2-3 coats. The instructions on the back indicated to apply a light layer but I found that I had to build mine up slightly to get the full pigmentation I wanted. Application-wise, the doe-foot allowed simple application - allowing me into the corners of my mouth without smearing or getting it all over my foundation. These claim to be '24 hour liquid lipsticks' - I obviously didn't wear it for this long but am happy to say that the longevity is of a high standard. I would definitely compare it to my Huda Beauty in terms of how long the wear is on the lips - this is fab considering it is almost three times less in price! Retailing at £6.99, this liquid lipstick feels comfortable on the lips, not too drying and lasts an entire evening without a top up...impressive! Mulberry is next on my list...



THE FACE MASK

If you're caught up with my social media channels, and blog, you will know that I've had a drastic change in terms of skin care. There will be more on that next week...but I've found a solid routine that I have kept up since 2017 has begun. I've managed to find an incredible amount out about my skin and am working to keep it in the best possible condition. In doing this, I have a set selection of products I use to daily cleanse, exfoliate and tone; however, I have kept my face mask option open to a variety of products. I love trying out different face masks and seeing the benefits to my skin. 

Over the past week I've been using Cougar Cosmetics 'Wild Caviar Purifying Face Mask'. A 100ml tube containing an active ingredient complex of wild caviar, sea weed and fish roe - substances that have been scientifically proven to revitalise and regenerate skin cells, stimulate cell metabolism and help protects against signs of ageing. When smoothing onto the skin, the cool, creamy texture feels heavenly. My skin is awfully dry and just adding a thin layer to my face felt super refreshing. I finished off my skin care routine with this product as it works at clarifying all the skin's impurities to reveal a brighter, youthful complexion. I cannot say I felt any younger but my skin did feel like a baby's bottom. The feel it leaves after made me feel very snuggly before I got into bed - my skin felt more hydrated than usual. I am hoping this brings out a long-term effect so that my skin feels deeply hydrated a larger percentage of the time!


Have you heard of/tried any Cougar Cosmetics before? What is your favourite liquid lipstick?

Lots of love

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is in collaboration with Cougar Cosmetics; however, all opinions are honest and my own.

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.