DIY Personalised Gifts for Someone Special | BLOGMAS DAY 4

4 December 2016



DIY is both a strength and weakness for me. I say this because I'm generally a creative person with lots of ideas but sometimes cannot put them in to practice - unfortunately, I don't quite hold the artistic flair some people do. Despite this, I like to give DIY and creating my own masterpieces a go so decided to include one of my recent projects. Since scrapbooking is something I absolutely admire, especially on Pinterest, I thought that I would create my own. Whilst in Disneyland Paris, I picked up this beautiful Minnie and Mickey Mouse notebook as I had so many ideas of how to document mine and my boyfriend's Paris trip. Throughout our weekend away, we collected tickets, food wrappers, posters and other random junk as memorabilia to include in my scrapbook. The reason I'm sharing this with you is because I think this would make a wonderful gift for someone special in your life. Whether that be a family member or partner, making something like this is personal, sentimental and means a lot more than most materialistic things. I think this is because it obviously takes a lot of time and you can tell. Personalised gifts like this honestly make my day and I would love to receive this myself for Christmas so I thought I would include a few scrapbook tools I've picked up over the last couple of weeks...





Over the past year, I've discovered one of my new favourite shops - TIGER. The stores over the country are growing rapidly and I cannot be more happier. By the way, this post isn't sponsored...I'm literally just obsessed with this shop. They sell everything from homeware to kid's games, sweets to gym equipment, stationery to glasses...they have it all. What makes it even better is that everything is so GOD DAMN cheap...everything I bought to scrapbook my journey was £2 or less..I mean what the!?! Firstly, I knew I wanted to branch out and purchase some cool sellotape - I always spot scrapbookers using fun, qwerky ways to stick down photos and tickets so I purchased love heart tape, striped tape and golden glitter tape! The small ones were 2 for £1 and the glitter tape was £2. I always wanted to add some fun and colour to my pages so ended up buying a tonne of stickers - cupcakes and bows suited best as they reminded me of Paris the most...I also had to include some pink and red love hearts to frantically stick everywhere because I'm super cheesy! As I'm not a lover of my handwriting, I thought it would be fun to buy some stamps - I absolutely love how they turned out already add an edge to the title page of my book. Finally, I bought some metallic pens to make writing that extra fun! These were £2 for the set of silver and gold which was incredible!




So far, I've spent about 2 hours forming the first 5 pages of my scrapbook. Obviously the time will depend on what you're doing and I have taken a lot of pride in this as it's my first one. I am looking forward to scrapbooking and would love to make it a hobby of mine...seems pretty sad that I'm 18 and saying that?! I think it's so cute and I love documenting memories in innovative ways. If you haven't got much time or money to make someone a scrapbook, you could always purchase some prints from online for really cheap and form a collage. Also, if you're a bit nervous of  making one yourself, you always have the option of buying a photobook or other personalised gift online. Personalisation is the key to anyone's heart!

Do you love receiving personalised gifts as much as I do? Do you scrapbook? 

Lots of love

BLOGMAS/VLOGMAS POSTS



4 comments

  1. Personalised gifts are always the best, so unique and meaningful! Great post. x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god this is the cutest! I bought something similar last year for my boyfriend but it's so much nicer making things like this yourself. adorable!
    jen / velvet spring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand your struggle with DIY projects, its hard to sometimes get your ideas through but this DIY is such a good idea I must try it out.

    Check out my blog at:
    themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah,your gifts are very special...
    http://www.marieprom.co.uk/cocktail-dresses

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.