My Winter Skincare Regime | BLOGMAS DAY 6

6 December 2016


Neglecting my skin is something I do best. Winter is definitely not the time to do this so I've made a real effort this year and forced myself to follow a strict skincare regime in order to keep my face and body hydrated thoughout this time of year. My extremely dry skin needs that extra bit of TLC during Winter as the air is so cold and drying, not to mention how chapped my lips become and how easy it is to notice the lack of glow in my skin. For today's blogmas post I thought I would share with you my favourite winter skincare products and how they've helped improve my skin over the past couple of months. Let me know if you've tried any of these before and how you've got on with them in the comments below!


THE FACE

To look after my face this Winter, I've made it a vital part of my skincare routine to use exfoliator once every week. This has improved my skin's condition majorly since the beginning of November and I have no doubt it will keep helping. Currently, I'm using the Clearista Retexturizing Gel - this has a gritty formula that works its way into the skin and never fails to remove any dry patches the cling to the sides of my face (TMI - GROSS!) However, my skin can be very sensitive so I make sure to only do this step once in my weekly routine to avoid abrasiveness or damaging my skin further; I primarily do this on a pamper night to give my skin a good detox and refreshment. Talking cleanser, I've decided to make use of my wonderful Garnier Oil-infused cleansing water. My best friend kindly picked this up knowing it was for dry and sensitive skin - she is a thoughtful little bean. This helps my skin feel hydrated, as well as rinse excess makeup and impurities from my pores. The formula is so soothing, instantly makes my skin feel cleansed and nourished. Finally, I've become addicted to facial oil - I don't know why this wasn't a prominent part of my routine before because this has helped to make my skin less dry. Trying oils on my face before always left my skin greasy and feeling gross so I think that was my main reason for avoiding them so much. However, since discovering Eden's Semilla Vitamin E Oil, my skin has felt healthy, less dry and most definitely not greasy! If you have dry skin like me, it is worth trying this out (read my full review here for my details). 


THE BODY

I'm a very busy person at the minute with A Levels, school work, working part-time and balancing other commitments (like blogging) so I never get the chance to give my body a proper pamper session on a regular basis. Although this has been hard for me, I've been trying to find ways in which I can treat my body to some of my lovely beauty products that don't get much use. Over the past month, I've regained my love for the Soap and Glory Hand Food cream that I always used to keep in my school bag. I love the beautiful texture and how the shea butter sinks into your hands without leaving a wet, greasy feel - the smell is also to die for! I've also found a huge love for the Victoria Secret Strawberries and Champagne Body Lotion. Whenever I get in the shower, I always forget to bring all my beauty goodies in and just end up using what's on the bath tub side. However, after using this on my body mid-October, I have frequently reminded myself to bring it with me. The thick, gel formulation seriously moisturizes my skin and leaves my legs feeling silky smooth. Again, the smell is amazing and I have the matching perfume which I'm constantly spraying on myself everywhere I go!


What beauty products are in your winter skincare regime? Does your skin suffer from the colder months?

Lots of love

BLOGMAS/VLOGMAS POSTS


2 comments

  1. I've been using the Garnier oil infused micellar water at the moment, and I have to say I'm not as smitten with it as I am with the normal one. I'm so bad at keepign up a skincare routine, and my hands are so chapped at the moment because of it - I really need to sort this out!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.
    http://clothesinspired.blogspot.com
    www.yvesofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.