Spiced Chocolate Orange Cookies | BLOGMAS DAY 8

8 December 2016


Baking is something I always find I do more around Christmas time. I love creating festive treats for my friends and family to share - as well as munch on myself. This year, I decided to get in touch with one of my beautiful blogger friends - Abi from Lady Hunter blog in hope that she would share her amazing baking too in a collaboration post. We opted to create different festive cookies, create a recipe and share it with you guys...because I mean, who doesn't love cookies? For today's festive baking segment, I've combined flavours ginger, chocolate and orange to create my ultimate christmas cookie. Abi has conjured an incredible cookie recipe - white chocolate, cranberries and coconut - so make sure to check hers out too. Stay tuned to the end of the post to see Abi's blog and social media links. 

LET'S GET BAKING!




Recipe makes : 15 cookies
Time in Oven : 10 minutes

Ingredients:
110g softened butter
110g caster sugar
110g golden syrup
1 large orange 
225g self-raising flour
2tsp ground ginger
Desired amount of chocolate (I chopped up Terry's chocolate orange pieces!)






Method:

1. Preheat over to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Grease a baking tray with butter or greaseproof paper.
3. Mix the syrup, caster sugar and softened butter into a pan and melt over a low-medium heat.
4. One the mixture is melted, remove from the pan into a mixing bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Whilst waiting for the mixture to cool, you could create the orange zest by grating the thin outer layer of orange. 
5. Once cooled, mix in the dry ingredients, orange zest and small chunks of chocolate. You could either use chocolate chips or buy Terry's chocolate orange pieces like me and chop them up. Mix until a dough is formed.
6. If you don't have cutters, roll the pieces of dough into small balls and place them straight onto the tray. Alternatively, roll out the dough and use the cutters to create your desired festive shapes. I made stars, christmas trees and bells.
7. Put the baking tray into the oven for 10 minutes. Make sure to check on them regularly to ensure they are golden-brown. I accidentally forgot to check so this led the edges of the biscuit slightly over-cooked.
8. Remove tray from oven, leave to cool for five minutes on the tray and then place them on a cooling rack to harden further.


Make yourself a hot drink - hot chocolate, a cup of tea and coffee and grab a spiced orange cookie to dunk!

Abi's Links

BLOG

Do you love baking as much as I do? What are your favourite Christmas recipes?

Lots of love

BLOGMAS/VLOGMAS POSTS


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.