Top 5 Red Lips for the Festive Season | BLOGMAS DAY 2

2 December 2016



Red lips are always something that stays prominent in my winter, and Christmas season, makeup bag. I cannot imagine entering the winter period without a staple red lippie. Deep reds and maroons always look gorgeous in the snow and the cold - in my opinion, nothing can beat that classic ruby lip! On Christmas day, I always seem to opt for golden glittery eyes and a red lip - it has just become part of my routine. Every year I try to change the lipstick I wear up so I've decided to create a post involving my top 5 lipsticks of the winter period to inspire your little beauty minds. Don't forget to let me know your staple winter red in the comments below... 




Too Faced is a brand that I've fallen head over heels for over the past year. After all the hype about the Melted liquified long wear lipsticks, I managed to receive one last Christmas. Although this isn't the most pigmented formula, the overall finish leaves your lips plump and glossy. I absolutely love glossy lips at the minute and think this beauty will help to make my lips look full and hydrated, helping to cover the cracked, dry reality. When it comes to lasting power, this probably isn't the greatest after you've finished your Christmas dinner; however, I would recommend wearing this a potential Christmas party or event where you won't be consuming as much. Overall, a pretty, sheerer red to make those who don't feel as comfortable wearing a darker lip, at ease! 


Talking red lips, I am the biggest fan of ones in a pencil form. I've decided to include two of my favourites as I love them so much! The Revlon Colorburst have been a massive love for me, and a lot of my show friends, as this tends to get brought out whenever I'm going on stage. 'Standout' is a bold, true red that applies matte to the lips. The lasting power is incredible but tends to be uncomfortable after a long period of time. Again, this would then be perfect for a Christmas night out, event or an occasion where you wouldn't have to wear the product on for too long. On the other hand, NARS matte lip pencil in 'Mysterious Red' is a standard pillar box red. The colour is bright on the lips, doesn't crack on the lips and lasts the whole day without budging. This is probably what will be my go-to on Christmas day and I cannot wait!


Lipstick-wise, my favourites go down the MAC and NARS. I think these brands are all-rounders, not just with lipsticks but their whole makeup ranges. In particular, their lipsticks stand out to me. The formula allows long-wear without too much loss of pigmentation, the products usually feels comfortable on the lips and they are shades that I think personally suit me (and my dark hair colour). MAC 'Russian Red' is an obvious classic - I feel like everyone talks about this so I won't ramble on for too long. If I'm ever looking for the perfect red, I will always turn to this as it never lets me down. The matte formula works well on my lips and the colour lasts throughout the day. Another good one to wear on Christmas day! Alternatively, NARS Audacious lipstick in 'Charlotte' is another love of mine. Not only is the shade my name, the colour is a deeper tone red which adds an edge compared to the other products I've spoken about in this post. The deeper tones seriously soften my complexion and make my lips look full and plump. 



SWATCHES (order: NARS, MAC, Too Faced, Revlon, NARS)

What is your go-to red? Do you wear red lipstick on Christmas day?

Lots of love

BLOGMAS/VLOGMAS POSTS

8 comments

  1. I'm not a huge fan of red lipsticks because they just don't really suit me but these shades are gorgeous! Great post! x


    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless I'm sure you look beautiful. Thank you so much lovely Xx

      Delete
  2. I don't know why people are agree to not give money to buy lipstick. I want to be take those best assignment writing service uk reviews tips which they are always needed at the time when we start to buy. If you have too much money then must come and take it from us but no one is providing more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy , click here and see the trick how you take a screen shoot on windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fundamental work is discovered genuine achievement now. Instruct me concerning my work I understand that some of you like me work and some of you making the huge strides not to fathom printers portland oregon. More things about my work is in the structure and you need to take that just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tries are changed with the improvement of time. Assuming you need to get more undertakings, by public speaking coach is something more which you need to do and what's more you need to remain with us for the all out of the undertakings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe this will help your website become more organized because you have decided to set a part on this site for the inquiries regarding tax and as well as the helpful discussions. To be honest, this is one of the few sites that are doing this kind of strategy. Also, I think that this will not only benefit your pay for assignment writing clients or the potential ones but you most especially because you will be able to see the questions easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? online dissertation writing There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.